Penductor??

stilgore

I am looking at alot of different plumbing options for my new project. I have come across penductors on alot of different websites so I wanted to get your input.

Do they work?
Are they reliable?
How exactly do they increase the flow?

I was also going to use the stockman overflow pipes so everything is nice and quiet. Anyone have any input on their effectivness?

Thanks,
Stil

sam wise

i assume they are a similar thing to what i use (eductors) which basically screw onto the end of your return pipework. They increase flow by upto 400% through two mechanisms, the venturi effect and the fact they are shaped like a funnel. the funnel forces the flow out over a larger area, they have holes in the back so that as the water is pumped through them water is also drawn in from the back and thrown forwards. they have made a massive difference in my tank, but need regular cleaning to ensure they stay effective.

with regards the stockman system (which i use as well) I made it out of some 2.5" polypipe, a tee piece, a right angle bend, and an end cap (with a small hole drilled in it). Works a treat, but must ensure the airhole is kept clear!!!!

deaclauderdale

The standpipes are a must have to limit the splahing noise that would otherwise be emitted from the water falling such a far distance in the overflow.