Paul's Nuvo 38

FatBoba

Here are some more updates/photos on my tank. Week 8 I added two more little corals, a small hammer coral and a small torch coral. Here's a couple pics right after adding them:

Hammer Coral

Torch Coral

FatBoba

Then added some more friends last week, a flame hawkfish, a diamond watchman goby, and a tiny little toadstool coral.

Toadstool

Flame Hawkfish

Diamond Watchman Goby (He wasted no time making himself a home!)

FatBoba

Our little goby made himself right at home, which made me happy because he was a little torn up when we got him from the LFS (fins all shredded). I actually had to move the toadstool because he was burying it.

FatBoba

Eventually I ended up using some super glue and attaching the toadstool to a piece of rubble I've been wanting to put in the tank. Here it is a week later.

FatBoba

Added a Vortech MP10 to the tank on Monday after reading countless good things about them. Wow, what a difference! That is one neat little gadget, I love all the different modes. My fish and coral seem to like it as well. Ended up rearranging the coral a bit, as the torch was getting a little too much flow, but now he is hanging out with our goby and seems happy. That is until he gets buried!

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Added a Vortech MP10 to the tank on Monday after reading countless good things about them. Wow, what a difference! That is one neat little gadget, I love all the different modes. My fish and coral seem to like it as well. Ended up rearranging the coral a bit, as the torch was getting a little too much flow, but now he is hanging out with our goby and seems happy. That is until he gets buried!

You can turn down the flow if you feel like it's too much or think your corals need to acclimate to more flow...then increase a little at a time back UP some.
:yup: I have too many pretty sand bed corals to put any sand digging gobies in my tank :yup:
Congrats on the MP10 it's a GREAT ADDITION!! :thumbup:

FatBoba

Well, we've had all sorts of interesting things happen in the tank this last week that I thought I'd share. First we came home on Sunday to see that Brutus our emerald crab had molted. That apparently means double in size. He's huge now! Here he is in his shiny new shell and fancy chinchilla pants:

Next we noticed that our Royal Gramma decided that he wasn't going to be outdone by our goby and dug himself a nice second home in the back corner:

FatBoba

On Monday our anemone decided to go for a walk towards the bottom of the tank. I gave her a silverside to eat and went to bed. Woke up to see that someone decided that they too wanted a silverside:

He's so ridiculous…:)

FatBoba

Also on Tuesday morning I noticed that we have a new member in the tank. Our anemone split!! I'm not sure if that is good or bad, but they both seem to be doing fine so far (granted it has only been a few days). I took this picture this afternoon, it's not the greatest, but you can see both of them:

FatBoba

Finally here's some random pics of my pals just because they make me smile so much.

Feeding time:

Frenchie, the Mayor of our tank:

Purp giving someone attitude:

Red Bailey looking concerned:

Best friends:

FatBoba

Well, tank is going great. About 2 weeks ago added another piece of coral (a candycane) and ended up getting another diamond watchman goby to replace the one that vanished. The goby promptly dug himself a cave and I didn't really see him until last night. I guess he finally felt comfortable enough to hang out with his new pals and do some sifting. And boy did he sift some sand, the tank looked like a sandstorm was going on inside! I guess my posts about adding the Ecotech Radion was deleted, but that seems to have made a world of difference. Super happy with that addition. Still running the acclimation period and the corals seem to be enjoying it. After having the candycane for about a week, I noticed it was staring to really split. It was starting when I picked it up, but now it is almost finished. Also, one of the heads on our hammer coral is splitting, so it will soon have 5 heads. Both anemones are still doing great, one of the halves went for a walk all around the tank and decided to park herself right in the clowns' corner. Maybe they'll take the hint. :) I'd like to see them give her some love, but they'll do what they want I know. Though Pumpkin has been awfully curious about the hammer coral lately. Had a bit of a diatom/algae bloom which was probably a combination of me feeding too much and having the new lights on too long. I backed down the hours the light was on and have been doing better about feeding too much and it seems to have gotten under control. I pulled out our fuge yesterday and was pleased to find it loaded with copepods and it had about 6 or 7 little starfish in it. I'm assuming they are brittle stars, that's what they looked like anyway. I geeked out a bit, I love this hobby so much! That's pretty much it, besides the constant battle with Brutus (emerald crab) and his need to rearrange our corals. Almost a daily occurrence, usually involving the frogspawn and the torch corals. There was also an issue of me having a toadstool in front of his house which he resolved by constantly booting out. I finally moved it and staked it in a rock with a plastic toothpick. I just want to see if that works for holding one in place. Anyway, thanks to those that follow along with this thread, I'm learning so much by being on here, sorry if I ramble. Here are some new pics, hope you enjoy!

New coral:

Brutus thinking our torch is a stool:

Candycane after about a week:

FatBoba

So this little guy popped up out if nowhere. Not exactly sure if it is good or bad, but it was cool to see. I know it might be impossible to tell what it is from the picture, but does anyone know what it is?

FatBoba

Our pair of 'Nems, do they look healthy? Might be hard to tell from the photo. They are eating and their color seems to be good.

Well most of the time they eat unless there is a thief around:

FatBoba

Everything seems to be going well. Pigpen (diamond watchman goby) and Brutus (emerald crab) seem bent on rearranging our sea floor. I'm glad to see that the goby has joined the community, was a bit worried he was starving. Had to move the clowns' toadstool to the front of the tank as it was getting buried:

Also moved our frogspawn which was in someone's way:

But the coral seems to like its placement better anyway, it has expanded out quite a bit more than it was (and makes a nice shade tree):

Our anemones seem to be doing okay. They were looking a bit suspect the other day which had me worried, so I gave them some food, which they gobbled right up. Soon after they had sausage fingers and were happily swaying in the current. One of them is still moving around the tank, but I think she has finally settled on a spot. :fingerx: (It is behind the rock in the next picture)

Here she is wandering around:

If it doesn't look good, or sounds like I'm doing something wrong, please let me know.

Lastly, there was a murder this week:

Way to go Crusher....

Thanks for following along and reading my rambling!