Parrotdise-Reef, the 55 Gal. journey!

wazzifam

Hello all, been a little busy lately doing alot of nuthing and sulking in it! Anyway, I wanted to build a frag stand/holder so that I didnt have to swim to the bottom of the tank to get the little frags, and clean around them. I wanted to get them closer to the light tohelp promote growth.

I stumbled upon an old intake tube and a part of an undergravel filter, I flipped the undergravel filter upside down, and epoxied and supperglued the intake guard to the ugf, and put the tube in so that the curve would sit over the side of the tank to suspend it.

I think I did good~~ :whstlr:

so those are some of the frags I have to trade or sell. anyone interested?

dude

:swmfish: /Hmmmmmm, I don't know why your Feather Duster did that. Sadly, I don't have one but sort of want one in the future.

wazzifam

:swmfish: /Hmmmmmm, I don't know why your Feather Duster did that. Sadly, I don't have one but sort of want one in the future.

Hey Dude, LOL thanks for stopping in,

My peramiters changed too quickly I think as I was having lots of issues at the time. Its amazing what you learn with patience and time!

wazzifam

Ok its been months and I think I'll stop in to update the thread... Havent been here in a while, looks like noone else has either. So anyway here are some shots,

this is the frag stand I built in april. Look at all the coraline built up already. and my new blue shroom and a few of the original frags still growing out. Its neat to see the progress of some of them. I didnt realize how quickly they grew out.
100_6578.jpg

these are the twins. My son Jay got them to replace popeye finally. That was my black N white perc. The LFS said these are xanpherus clowns. I havent found much info on them not sure if that is really their names.
100_6572.jpg

here is my new Ricordea
100_6580.jpg

here is my new blue mushroom I just got from Jeremy, but it isnt happy to be here quite yet. gonna have to give him a couple of days.
100_6577.jpg

this guy has been quite pissed off. Look what I found poking its head out, the 2nd pic is the manhole cover I had to put on that bugger.
0625091229.jpg

0626092117.jpg

I had to take this guy back to the store before he was bad news in my tank. LFS didnt say he had to have Sponges to survive. He told me he was good for the algea problems. LOL
100_6562.jpg

This is my birthday present from my friend!!

ToadStoolRock.jpg

here is the St Thomas mushroom Im getting ready to chop his little toe off thats hanging on his foot and see if I can get a frag started of him! see the toes hanging off it?
Stthomasbubble.jpg

and last but not least, here is my newest addition to the family. Tyson. Hes 2 yrs old and pretty good for the first few days he is here, now hes warming up and showing his bad habbits which we were promised were none!! hahahaha

100_6592.jpg

Thanks for stopping in, hope to hear from ya'll :hug1:

wazzifam

Another month passes and noone comes to see me huh? :winner:

Glad im not in any trouble here, :whip:

Update:

pretty blue shroom gone,
pretty yuma melted
Torch coral brown jelly disease... Lost cause
Mushrooms trampling everywhere. noone staying in place

In process of adding LR to system total of 13 lbs over the last week. Doing a slow add as not to shock the system.

Maybe I'll figure it out, maybe I'll go against the flo...:poke: :clink:

brikeibur

Kim,

What is that little guy that you had to take back because you don't have sponges? He is awesome...such gorgeous colors!

Good looking tank and frag stand btw!

wazzifam

Hi Brian and Stacy Thanks for stoppin in, and the compliments. It always makes one feel better huh? that pretty guy is a type of sea slug, I thought he was supposed to eat the hair algea. thats what I get for listening to the LFS. IT was an ugly lettuce slug I should have gotten instead. But I didnt, just went for snails.

Tank looks better gonna start a kalk drip to top off. See what that does to the peramiters. Ph is still lower than I would llike it but hopefully this will kick it and a few other things in the butt.

wazzifam

Wow, another month and no visitors, no excitement no nadda here?? This place is really getting to be a bummer.

how many licks does it take to get to the center of a lollipop??beat_dead_horse

Poriferan

Looks like you tank is coming along nicely. Cant help with the worms, but I but you can find somethin using the search function or google:dunno:

Keep us updated I really like progression pictures to see how the tank is growing.

You have a really good looking tank growing... Have you considered taking that background off and replacing it with a black one? I find myself getting lost in the background picture and would love to see your tank with a black backdrop.

wazzifam

Hi Bobby and Charles, thanks for stopping in. My tank goes thru its ups and downs just like everyone elses!
I have considered for a long time to remove the background picture. I have been told it is distracting and sometimes I even catch myself staring into it. However, at the rate the coraline is coming into this system the back will be purple with little baby starfish all over it. Im getting ready to change the stand it sits on, so i'll see about just taking it off all together. Hopefully we will get that done in the next couple of days.
I will also be putting some progression pics up here soon as I like to see it too. Its hard to believe that my patience or lack there of has gotten me two yrs later already. LOL