Pancho75

Pancho, are you away from your tank? It looks like it’s doing good!
Hello, I took an assignment for 3 years, the tank is too large and I would have had to restart so left the tank and a friend of mine is helping me. The picture comes from the webcam I use.

Last edited:

Pancho75

I thought to share the list of equipment and spares I will be taking with me in June: DOS for daily water changes, DDR, new frag rack, AFS and acclimation box. I still would like to buy a pH probe, temp probe, LDK, Eihem heater, and a UVC lamp.

After reading people experience with Trident and given the fact I only test the water once every two or three weeks I decided against it and I can use that money for fish and corals.

Pancho75

Very nice Pancho. The music is better than Shaun's Piano Concerto to commit suicide to.
Thanks Nobby, I am frustrated as Covid19 has atopped all my travel so I cannot be with the reef as much as i want. I guess you prefer this music as it is British? :D

Last edited:

Nobbygas

Thanks Nobby, I am frustrated as Covid19 has atopped all my travel so I cannot be with the reef as much as i want. I guess you prefer this music as it is British? :D
I like music from everywhere Pancho........except Germany. I live here and musically it's a Third World country.

Pancho75

One of my chalice is “melting”, I have no idea why. It’s been in my tank for more than 7 months and parameters are stable and good. I read that raising Mg a little may help, time will tell.
3A5F67C9-59CB-489F-B813-18A507DC95E2.jpeg

Blue Space

Such a beautiful piece, sorry to hear that!

If it keeps going I'd definitely try to frag a good chunk off of the healthy side. Dip the frag in iodine or Lugol's and perhaps place in another established tank (if you have one) or away from the original colony. If placing into original tank continue to dip the frag daily until healed.

Do you run UV?

Last edited:

Pancho75

Such a beautiful piece, sorry to hear that!

If it keeps going I'd definitely try to frag a good chunk off of the healthy side. Dip the frag in iodine or Lugol's and perhaps place in another established tank (if you have one) or away from the original colony. If placing into original tank continue to dip the frag daily until healed.

Do you run UV?
Thanks for the tip @Blue Space , I do run UV but I will try the iodine dip.

Reactions: SPR

Blue Space

That's fantastic news, Pancho! Glad the chalice looks to be on the road to recovery. Anything with sweeper tentacles nearby that could have come into contact?

Loving the orange spot goby addition too! Was he qt'd or do you buy from a seller that qt's for you?

Pancho75

That's fantastic news, Pancho! Glad the chalice looks to be on the road to recovery. Anything with sweeper tentacles nearby that could have come into contact?

Loving the orange spot goby addition too! Was he qt'd or do you buy from a seller that qt's for you?
Thanks Blue, yes I got a wall hammer and a yellow tip torch near by however chalices normally can resist them, who knows? Seems to be going right, I’ll keep checking on it.

My fish do not go through qt, I try to follow @Paul B guidelines avoiding qt while encouraging bacteria introduction. I am also planning to start feeding clams and worms per his recipes. Are you qt your fish and corals?

Blue Space

I try to qt everything, including LR in my old bc29. Last time I found some nasty mojanos! So, more of an isolation/observation tank. I would never use it as a hospital tank though. If I needed to treat, I'd setup one of the 10gal tanks I have sitting around.

Pancho75

I try to qt everything, including LR in my old bc29. Last time I found some nasty mojanos! So, more of an isolation/observation tank. I would never use it as a hospital tank though. If I needed to treat, I'd setup one of the 10gal tanks I have sitting around.
I never use live rock anymore too many hitchhikers. That is the reason I keep one melanarus and a coris wrasse in my tank to control pests.