chickenjohn

apparently there is still a lot of debate about whether corals utilise red light, I myself haven't got a clue if they do or don't but when reefers such as David Saxby (the boss of D-D) uses red light on his home tank and from what ive read World Wide Corals use red light in their show tanks then im tending to lean towards them rather than Red Sea who are basically just marketing a light.

Pancho75

apparently there is still a lot of debate about whether corals utilise red light, I myself haven't got a clue if they do or don't but when reefers such as David Saxby (the boss of D-D) uses red light on his home tank and from what ive read World Wide Corals use red light in their show tanks then im tending to lean towards them rather than Red Sea who are basically just marketing a light.
I saw Saxby’s presets that include red and green but they did not worked in the beginning in my tank. Ecotech’s AB profile has almost zero red and green as well. As you said lighting is an area where there is no consensus even among experts.

I am looking to extend my photoperiod by using the moonlights for two hours but the extension will be only one hour. At the same time I do not want to overexpose the corals so reducing the red and green would help. [emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SPR

chickenjohn

Until ive got some coral in my tank i cant say one way or the other, ive set my hydras to the saxby settings mainly for ease of use as its just a case of dropbox it and put it in your ai app. Plus as i get more knowledge of corals and lighting i can tweak it to my own settings.
Thats if the damn thing ever cycles. And still no algae.

Pancho75

Today I found a Japanese Summer Festival in my way back to the hotel :)

02c16c4d5d56c8fd437ac19275a40eee.jpg
99587808921daafffb2d18578f9f3f49.jpg
66a55d199bc289186d209edf7b3b3d03.jpg
f34bae9cd73b87e8f6bb76572249dd28.jpg
b54a9b47e394d36aae37ee9f1e5c2d11.jpg
78e3186e576c61384452da369bdb8a13.jpg

chickenjohn

Great looking tank Pancho, Was that a Flame Angel I saw?
That fish is 3rd on my fish list but I hear a lot of stories about angels not being reef friendly, I presume you've had no trouble with the flame?

Pancho75

Hello, I am having no issues with my flame angel except for red zoas, he ate them all [emoji33], otherwise a model citizen. I have also a couple of pygmy angels. According to what I have red it is toss up with the flame angels. I waited until the system was matured, I see him some times picking at corals but they are doing fine.

Pancho75

Comfortably Numb live at earls court.
I was there and I cannot even to this day put into words the experience I had that evening.
That sounds incredible.

Her it is my favorite: Learning to Fly, Pulse version.

Pancho75

I lost all communication with the tank, the cams and lights are not responding. I hope it is just a wifi issue and not a power failure.