Pacific East vs Your Reef Aquarium...

Rye_84

Do you know if the majority of the frags are brown or not? I ordered a frag pack before and I got pretty much nothing but brown and was a bit disappointed. I'm just trying to figure out if it would be worth it to buy a frag pack or not or if I should just invest in wysiwyg. I would just like some brighter colors.

framerguy

I have had exceptional experiences with PEA and would recommend them to anyone. The people are very nice and seem to really want to satisfy you. The animals I recieved were in top health. I've had no experience with Your Reef.

DaveK

I have used Pacific East Aquaculture, and found them to be excellent. However, they are almost a LFS for me. I usually make a day of it, and drive down. It's about 2 1/2 hours each way for me.

I agree about Pacific East. WOW! Just got a package from them today and can't say enough good about it. Their corals are TERRIFIC and livestock GREAT as well. Beth over at Pacific East is a real jewel.

I will be buying again from them for sure!

BoomerD

I've never done any business with Dr. Mac, (pacific east) but he has a VERY GOOD reputation, and Your Reef is a very highly respected retailer here in Northern Kahleeforneeya. John started out as a hobbyist, then coral farmer, and has taken it to the retail level. The local clubs all speak VERY highly of him, and everyone I know who's done business with him raves about the quality of his service.

IMO, you can't go wrong with either seller.

vdituri

Your Reef is local for me.
They usually don't carry the run of the mill corals. Especially in SPS.
I recently purchased these zoos from them.

2008_04270009.jpg

Like a light metallic raspberryish? lol

I've never ordered any frag packs from them though.

boozeman

I was just speaking to Dr. Mac at the MR frag swap this past sunday.
I will post a pic tomorrow of his display so you can get a good idea of the type and quality of his frags.