Otohime Marine Larval feed

Timbits

Hi everyone i just recieved my 2kg bag of Otohime B1 from Reed and they didn't include any info on how i should store them :( so i was wondering if someone can tell me what i should do.

should i store it in the fridge? its a realllllllly big bag. i think its going to last me a life time lol. also how long is it good for?

what do you guys do?

thanks! greatly appreciated!

my name is Tim btw. I'm new here. I look forward to meeting all of you! :jumprope:

GrendelPrime

welcome Tim, im not sure about how to store the food but is there an email address or phone number u can call to get some info?

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
I purchase large buckets/bags myself. I use Otihime B1, C1, and C2 as well as New Life Spectrum GROW.
All should be sotred in the freezer with no/little air in the bags. Only remove to a small container what you will feed in 1-2 months and refill as necessary.
When refilling, be quick! Pour then quickly close both containers. Moisture will condensate VERY quickly on the food causing mold (BAD! BAD) so be sure to cap/seal both containers quickly!
Do not feed until the food has reached room temperature ;)

Timbits

Thanks for the fast response Woodstock. Okay in the freezer it goes! im guessing store the other small container in the fridge?

oh i also wanna say that you are like an idol to me LOL i've been following your threads and it has inspired me to start breeding clowns. You rock!

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Kudos to you for breeding marine fish! (and thank you for the extremely kind words!) For every fish you rehome, you're potentially saving one from being taken from the ocean :thumbup:
...plus it is so rewarding! :D

Storing it in the refrigerator would be optimal; although I don't. Keeping it cool and dry (don't set it on top of your light hood) will keep it fresh for a long while.

Timbits

It is! Watching the larvae go through meta really allows you to truly admire them. I can't imagine how any of them can survive in the wild. They are so delicate! It is truly a miracle.