Other pets.

Heliux

Im the type of person that loves to see and hear about their other animals that are part of the family. Such as dogs, cats, birds ect...

List your animals, the names, the breed, and not allowed to list any fish.
Ill go first.

3 Dogs, ones a Great pyraneese and his name is morgan, another is a lab/german shephard mix and her name is molly, and i have a mini american eskimo named karma.

3 birds, two are cockatiels and the pure white one i talk about is hobbes, and the other one's name is cuddles. I also have a parakeet named sunny that i adopted because she has a abnormal beak and petsmart couldnt sell her.

3 turtles, box turtle named forest, and two sliders that idk what the names are because they are my mothers.

1 Gecko, his name is sparky and he is 16 years old.

2 teddy bear hamsters named Peanut and budders, Peanut i adopted because the family didnt want her anymore and were going to let her loose if she didnt find someone to take her by the end of the night.

Thats all i have right now aside from all my fish:)

Just do as i did, and you can add funny memories with them as well. Remember this is a fun thread to get your mind off fish for a little and discuss your other friends around the house:)

Lix

Last edited:

chrome91

just 3 firebelly toads, theyre no work. throw in a few crickets every few days, change the water every 2 weeks, and thats it

Heliux

Lol, sounds like fun. Love firebellies but never had them personally. I take care of alot as it is since i work for Petsmart;)

chrome91

Lol, sounds like fun. Love firebellies but never had them personally. I take care of alot as it is since i work for Petsmart;)

lol, 5 years ago i got my first firebelly from petsmart, and they said they dont try to escape. i had it in a 10g tank, and it was all good until i couldnt find the toad. i looked behind me and there he was hoppin on the floor. i put him back and figured better get him a screen. after, he escaped again, and for good. ive had these 3 for 2 years

a fish that i had that acted like a dog was my oscar. he was in petsmart in late last august sitting in a 12g nanocube absolutely motionless in a fake plant. he was 4" and i had a spare cycled 50g long so i bought him. he grew and got more friendly and in december when a store had a boxing day sale and i found 90g glass tanks for $90 i grabbed it for him and my pacu. march 1st this year i had to work from 630am-10am, and i checked the tank and he was up and swimming. i came back at 10 and i couldnt see him in the tank. i knew he couldnt get out since the only space is 2" in the back for my FX5 hoses. i figured he would pop out after. i turned around, and a whopping 6ft from the tank was his body on the floor dead. he was 14" at the time so how he got out and flopped over the front 6ft away i will never know. my pacu was lost and looking for the oscar after and was looking for him always. i bought another pacu (pacus will be moved to the 650g soon) and now the 2 pacus (14" and 8") are buds.

and to top off the guilt trip, my oscar would never get out of my face unless i gave him hikari pellets, and a few days before he jumped out i ran out of hikari and put off getting some more

slakker

We have 2 cats and 2 dogs... the cats are named Lucifer and Gabriel, a Lilac Point Siamese and a Abby Cross respectively. Unfortunately, they're not too photogenic.

We also have 2 French Bulldogs named Samael and Beelzabub, Sam and Belzie for short.

2735844961_b0d7a7530a.jpg

Heliux

it would really bug me as well if something that big pulled that off chrome... All i can say is let the past be the past and know he is swimming in the big amazon river in the sky.

CATALYST

You have a farm!

I have 3 cats. Cherry, Otto, and Macy. The first two are black and last is grey.

Heliux

Lol, ya sometimes it seems like it is. I use to have a couple cats but they passed away a couple years ago. One would play fetch with me, and instead of a ball she loved to chase bottle caps. And the other was blind but always seemed to know where she was going:D

lcstorc

2 dogs, 3 cats, 2 birds, 3 tanks. That's it for pets ATM we haven't been replacing ones that go to pet heaven since we would like to travel more. The only problem is I can't help rescuing animals.