OT: wheres my karma gone-i want it

fishheads

my lovely signifacant other has given me,and others, a but load of karma but my meter is stuck at 410----she of all people know that i deserve it---whats the deally yo..HELP IV'E BEEN ROBBED:wit:

InLimbo87

My best guess would be that the software isn't allowing karma from your significant other because it probably puts a limit on how much you can receive from one person...

lcstorc

You have to have a certain number of post or a certain amount of karma before your giving registers on the person you gave it to. I forget which one controls it. That is why when you look at the UserCP it shows gray instead of green. So basically brand new people can give you a message saying you are appreciated but it doesn't register as karma points. Also the amount you give goes up as well. I think it is post count but I am not sure on that one. Basically someone brand new isn't going to affect your karma either way.
I'll give you a shot though. I give lots of karma. :)

boozeman

did she recently sign up and just start giving out karma?
if so, the system doesn't allow that to happen. that feature was implemented in order to prevent anyone from signing up and giving out negative, or in your case, possitive karma.
Thus preventing drive-by :guns:

fishheads

thank you guys....you like me,you really, really like me.....i knew i belong...and yes,my girl did join just to see what the fuss was,me telling her i love RF...Then i showed her how to give karma,i created a karma monster...running rampant through the RF streets, flinging karma @ will..lalalalala heres you some karma, & you some karma,& you some karma...well you get the picture

fishheads

she's not the reef nut like i am...i do all the hard work,she reeps the rewards..so by reeping the rewards she has elected herself honorary fish namer.like skuzzlebutt the algae blennie,& george froggy clinton the mandarin

lcstorc

Like the names. She should start a thread about naming the fish. A pic of the fish and the name with why it is named that. It would be cute and fun.

rDr4g0n

she's not the reef nut like i am...i do all the hard work,she reeps the rewards..so by reeping the rewards she has elected herself honorary fish namer.like skuzzlebutt the algae blennie,& george froggy clinton the mandarin

my wife does tha same thing. she named an aptasia bob. then i wasnt allowed to kill it.

vdituri

Hey dragon, are those the sea monkies they sell in the back of the comic books? How did you train them?

rDr4g0n

i taught them how to use google, and that was about it. then the lead sea monkey started a reef site called reefsanctuary.com, and well... the rest is history.