OT~Superbowl smack talk

Gina

RS STAFF
Purple Rain??? It should be the Ravens!!!

Agree!
The stadium was lit up in purple during that song and I told Mark, see we should be there!
I'm happy the Colts won now, on to next year and fingers crossed the Ravens are there!

pmac90

yeah, the better team won the game. Payton took advantage of what the Bears D was doing. Defense was all over Rex and there game plan... no Rex could never bring them back... doesn't have the arm (especially in the rain) to chuck up the long balls he was trying to do to get them back in it. should've stuck with the run, jones was getting decent yardage when needed. I must say, denny green was right, they are who we thought they were. light schedule, winning with crazy D and one of the best single players in the league, mr hester. would've been a better game if the Eagles got there.....
as for dungy, Kick the field goal!! took $ out of my pocket (block pool), lots of it! (same with you wit - 3 gives you your over)
Also, I'm with Witty on prince... he lit it up!

Cartman89

Okay...I'm actully a little happy to see Dungy's team win. My family up north said I should go for the bears....um yeah they sucked. I'd rather see the team that beat my team win the super bowl then grossman. But hey, we all know the Pats will go next year and take all!!!! YAAAY

PhilOlsen

Has been struck by the ban stick
I personally blame Lovie for the loss, the Colts adapted their plan as the game progressed and the Bears did not, as for Rex, this is essentially his rookie year and for a QB who has had 1 season of starting every game... not bad. He does have the are to throw the long ball and has proven it several times this year, what he lacks the most IMO is the abiltiy to tell the difference between real and perceived pressure, which will improve in time. I dont think he will be one of the best ever. but defin. a better than avg. QB and for a defensive themed team like the Bears that is a dangerous combo.

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
He does have the are to throw the long ball and has proven it several times this year, what he lacks the most IMO is the abiltiy to tell the difference between real and perceived pressure, which will improve in time.

Yes the Bears have had alot of success throwing the deep ball because Grossman chucks the ball up and hopes his receivers come down with it which explains why he had 20 INT. for the year, he is terribly inaccurate and definitely needs to learn to read defenses better. My problem is they had a good QB on the bench with plenty of experience and didn't have to rely on a rookie and it cost them in the end.

billyr98

Congrats to Peyton! I really didn't care who won! But it was a weird game with all those turnovers.. Well maybe the Eagles next year!! Go Birds!