OT Star spangled celebration 6-08

blue_eyes53813

I went to star spangled celebration in Richland Center WI, June 26-28th .
I tell you what... I had so much fun... I dont know how many Country Music Fans are on RS. But WOW.. Alot of the singers would let you get pretty close to them and the way the stage was set up, there was a walking/photo area that you could walk through and shake the singers hands,,, It was so much fun..

Lets see if I can remember all the Singers that was there... It was 3 days of non stop music..

Lee Greenwood, Terri Clark, Phil Vassar,Emerson Drive , Tracy Lawrence, sawyer Brown, Neal MCcoy, Honky Tonk Tail Gate Party ( included Mark Wills, Buddy Jewel, Ray Scott, Trent Willmon), Luke Bryan, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band,
Billy Ray Cyrus ( Oh my god, good singer), and Sara evans...:woohoo:

It was only $70.00 for 3 days of fun...

Attachments

• ssc-lee-greenwood.jpg
    ssc-lee-greenwood.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 12
  • ssc-terri-clark.jpg
    ssc-terri-clark.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 12
  • ssc-phil-vassar-1.jpg
    ssc-phil-vassar-1.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 12
  • ssc-emerson-drive.jpg
    ssc-emerson-drive.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 12
  • ssc-neal-mccoy.jpg
    ssc-neal-mccoy.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 12

blue_eyes53813

More more more.. :bouncer: I didnt get all singers pictures because it rained through 2-3 of the acts , I didnt want to ruin my camera.. but anyway , got most of them..:eek:lsmile:

Attachments

• ssc-buddy-jewel.jpg
    ssc-buddy-jewel.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 12
  • ssc-mark-wills.jpg
    ssc-mark-wills.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 12
  • ssc-luke-bryan.jpg
    ssc-luke-bryan.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 12
  • ssc-nitty-gritty-dirt-band.jpg
    ssc-nitty-gritty-dirt-band.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 12
  • ssc-billy-ray-cyrus-1.jpg
    ssc-billy-ray-cyrus-1.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 12

blue_eyes53813

A couple more,,, Sara evans, My kids clappin to the music.

Attachments

• ssc-sara-evans.jpg
    ssc-sara-evans.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Drew-And-HIllary-jammin.jpg
    Drew-And-HIllary-jammin.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 10

Gina

RS STAFF
Oh yea, Billy Ray...still hot!
I used to refuse to listen to country music when I was younger. I used to call it that cry in your beer country s@*t! Then one night I was surfing cable and came across some guy singing in Ireland (?) and his name was Garth.
Slowly I started listening to more and more and now......I still like Rock and Roll and Heavy Metal but, Country is my primary music now.
You got some really good pics!

blue_eyes53813

Thanks Gina,,, It was a blast..Billy Ray put on a heart felt show, He just made a movie with Heather locklear.. And I guess she has some form of cancer (or did) and he sang a song to her and you could hear the tremmors in his voice, and he wore a pink cancer baseball cap... All his song was so good,,, Some gave all for the troops,,, It was Very good , one of my favorites for the whole weekend..

blue_eyes53813

It seems a while back,, like a year or so ago she was having treatment,, But I cant find any info on it... Now she is big into cancer research.. Im not sure what kind she had/has...???

sambrinar

It seems a while back,, like a year or so ago she was having treatment,, But I cant find any info on it... Now she is big into cancer research.. Im not sure what kind she had/has...???

Usually if there is a pink ribbon/hat involved it is breast cancer, usually, I don't know if she had it though, but that is what the pink ribbon is for