OT: Non-Reef Photos

Octoman

I know everyone here loves to play with their cameras, so how about sharing some of your favorite photos of something other than the reef!

I'll start things off with one, my girlfriend and I have been hanging out at the Savannah National Wildlife Refuge a lot lately and I've been obsessed with the alligators...

2ce0bae8.jpg

Octoman

Very nice!!

Mike, that is a great photo that conveys the daily grind very well.

Bill, was that sunset photo taken from a plane or from a mountaintop? It's beautiful!

tippMANn98

Has been struck by the ban stick
I give it a go and throw 4 up there. I have sooooooo many to choose from though. I may not have a fancy of a camera as most of you guys but here goes:

These first 2 are with my minolta SLR 35mm(film) 210mm lens(no filters), scanned from negatives to CD:
Yellow Day Lily:
LILY1.jpg

Honey Bee:
HoneyBee-1.jpg

These are with my POS digital mavica(now flash doesnt work) only 2.1 mp, but the outdoor pics came out pretty nice, especially the anole:

Green Anole: (My fav. pic)
Greenanole-1.jpg

Crabtree Falls, NC:
crabtreefalls4-1.jpg

Enjoy, I always will, I love photography, everywhere I go, I look for that next cool picture.

PEMfish

Those are some pretty nice shots. Soon a I get my new reef done I will be replacing my camera.

Octoman

Daniel, that goes to show that you don't need a big fancy camera to get awesome photos. I really like the anole photo!

tippMANn98

Has been struck by the ban stick
Thanks Octoman,
Those 2 pics are raw, original exp./and white balance, original picture size was 1600x1200....the camera does GREAT outdoors, just not so well on my tank...
That anole had b@llz of steel, he wasnt scared at all.....

sambrinar

Great pics. I love nature pics, I'll put some in tonight or tomorrow. I love taking picts and showing off Natures best!! i have a bee one too, very cool

Emg

OOOoooo....I'll play !

Nice photos everyone !!

Here's a few of mine.....

DSC04911-web.jpg

DSC04907-web.jpg

DSC01054800.jpg

DSC01022900.jpg

Ausable Chasm....
DSC00856flip900.jpg

DSC00833900.jpg

DSC05192800-1.jpg

DSC05196800-1.jpg

DSC01171800.jpg

DSC03826800.jpg

DSC03592fixed800.jpg

chrisandthebeluga.jpg

funkpolice

Octoman, my sunset pic is actually a sunrise pic from the top of Haleakala volcano in Maui. It was really cool, one of the park rangers is a native Hawaiian, and she welcomes the sun with song. I left my wife in the room and headed out really early. It was 70 degrees when I left my hotel at 4 in the morning, and it was only 40 degrees on top of the volcano. If anyone is ever in Maui, it is a must do experience.
bill

Octoman

Beautiful pictures everyone! I've got a couple more...

Golden Silk Orb Weaver that lives in my front yard...
DSC_3923_01.jpg

Egrets getting crazy in the marsh...

chase.jpg

hma

:bugout:

Holy Lion's Mane Heinz! Where were those pictures taken?

Hi Nikki, on photo safari in South Africa shortly after the monsoon time. Therefore, the trees, bushes and the grass are so nicely green. I still have tonnes of pictures like this.

Shamwari%20(133).jpg