OT: Missing Children

LuckyInk

Reef Painter
Does anyone have, or know of someone who has the unfortunate experience of losing a child? I have had an idea floating around in my head for a while on how to help families or foundations of missing children financially. As an artist, I feel like my art needs to do something to help people. I don't feel comfortable just 'selling' it. I feel like it needs to be used to help people bring their children home.

I could elaborate on this idea more, but I am waiting on dialog with a family I would like to help out. If you want more info, feel free to PM or email me.

Those of you who have experience or are close to those who have experience, do you have any advice? When is a good time to approach a family? Any advice on how to approach a delicate subject like this? Can you think of a foundation that can help get the word out?
Thanks all!
Christopher

blue_eyes53813

That sounds like a great idea. I dont know any families personally. My sister works in Madison Wisconsin. For an FBI agency and they have a group that works on Missing and exploited children. She goes all over the USA to ceminars . I dont know if there is any info online as far as the children and families.Im not sure what your idea is but there has to be agencies or campanys that would gladly hand out some info on missing kids.

LuckyInk

Reef Painter
Yeah, the Center for Missing and exploited children is so backed up right now it could take a parent up to two week to get information from them. I doubt I could get in touch with them in a reasonable amount of time, if I wasn't lost in the sheer number of requests they get daily.
I am going to focus my efforts on Florida to start. I would hate to spread myself thin by trying to tackle the entire us. Gotta start in my back yard.

If you sister has any ideas, I would really appreciate it!

Witfull

to throw things in a different direction, just an idea,,,,have considered a mural? community center, family services building....

LuckyInk

Reef Painter
Wit,
That is a good idea. I will have to keep that in mind! Thanks!

I also searched for Florida missing children on the CMEC website and found only a few that were still not found.
If anyone knows of a case where a child is missing and the family or foundation needs assistance raising funds or awareness, please feel free to post here or send me an email privately. info@luckyink.com
C

LuckyInk

Reef Painter
"Every time we lose a child, we lose part of our future, a part that we're never going to know about," says Mark Lunsford.

"And I think every time we lose a child, we reinforce the lie to ourselves," adds Oprah. "I know that sounds very harsh, but I think we do. How can we say we're a country that cares about children? How can we say in our hearts that we really do care about children and then consistently turn our backs?"

Guys, I really need your help. Any advice would be appreciated.