Ot: Lynn And Cat's Saltwater Shopping Spree

caitrina

Well today was the first day I drove as far as I did since my therapy. Wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either. Anyway, the point here is that I went on a small shopping spree with Lynn at the local LFS, HR. It was a fun time and I got all kinds of inexpensive little goodies to bring home. The cheapest thing was the little pieces of live rock I got for my sump, they were FREE ! Actually nothing is free there, it only appears that way! Ok, my other cheap thing was a bluish or would you say it is silverish xenia. I got that so cheap because it was pouting really badly. Hey Lynn it is a little peppier in my tank. I got some snails and I got a neon green ric and I got a pink yuma with a fantastic price on it. The fantastic price came from having to buy the RO/DI unit. After I spent all this money I decided to jump into the BIG BLUE SUMP, but Lynn saw me with one foot on the ledge and stopped me from doing a swan dive into the LR that littered the sump area. So anyway, that was my day and my shopping experience. Lynn got some goodies too, and we named the fish in HR after Heinz because he has one, so now it is called a HMA. All in all it was a fun trip. A little painful now, but really had fun. Was good to get out with Lynn again. :whstlr:

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Thats GREAT! congrats on the goodies and all, lol I thought wheeler dealer lfs's were only here

lcstorc

He certainly knows how to wheel and deal. That's how I ended up with the 90. LOL
Yes it was a lot of fun. I just wish I had my camera when Cat tried to climb into the sump.
The only bad thing is that now that she has her own RO/DI she doesn't need to drive here to get water.
So next time I'll drive down to her and get in trouble at her lfs. hehe

lcstorc

LOL
Neither of us brought a camera. I got snails and food and one little fishie.
He is still hiding though.
Now Cat seems to have a problem keeping things from jumping in her car.

vdituri

Sounds like you two had a great day out.
Way to go Mz. Monty Halls!

And I second the motion for pics. You know the rules.
The Clam has spoken! lol

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Sounds like a lot of fun! Sorry I missed it! I can see you two getting into a lot of trouble, thankfully you got through it with minimal casualties.:lol:

Last edited:

caitrina

Ok, here is one pic of Dusty the pink yuma, pictures don't do her justice and she isn't real pink even under halides, but she is pretty. She is a dusty pink which is how she got her name.

Lynn got a fish that is wearing red lipstick. I will let her tell you what it is, it's her fish.

The RO/DI unit is still sitting in the back of my car.

Hey Lynn, look at the top of the pic those are what your yellow rics will look like when I get them to you.

Oh my little 5.00 Xenia is looking better this morning, a whole lot better than he was in that rock tank! :lol:

Other pictures to come later. maybe.

October_2007_salt_015.jpg

caitrina

Actually Lynn, if you look under Dusty that is the ric I am giving you. They are yellow and again, the pictures do not do any of these guys justice.

lcstorc

Sorry this thread got lost in my new posts. LOL
Yes it is a red lip or lipstick blenney. He spends a lot of time hiding but is starting to come out more and more. I'll try to take some pics soon since I really need to update my chronicles.
Beautiful rics Cat. Can't wait to get my yellow one. It is really pretty. The pink one looks great in your tank. Even in the pic it looks like it did under their halides. It should do really well for you.

caitrina

Oops, this got lost too in my stuff. Hey Lynn you should see that 5.00 Xenia...It is GREAT! I think I might have been able to get it cheaper if I had decided to get the RO/DI first...lol I would post a picture but ever since I have been taking pictures in haunted places my camera isn't right..:LOL:.:scram: