OT: ICE your cell phones!

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
ICE stands for In Case of Emergency!! If you add an entry in the contacts list in your cell phone under ICE, with the name and phone no. of the person that the emergency services should call on your behalf, you can save them a lot of time and have your loved ones contacted quickly. It only takes a few moments of your time to do. Paramedics know what ICE means and they look for it immediately.

ICE your cell phone NOW!

http://www.eastanglianambulance.com/content/news/newsdetail.asp?newsID=646104183

Reef Geek

Reefus Geekus
But do the American emergency responders know to look for ICE?
The article was from the Old Country (Great Britain).

Gina

RS STAFF
If I had a cell phone I would!
Thinking about getting the pay as you go phone. So, if we do get one, we'll surely do it!

fidojoe

Fish Addict
Gina, pay-as-you-go phones are great for people that have limited use for a cell phone. I personally used Virgin Mobile for a little over 2 years. I had their original phone and then upgraded to a flip phone after about 9 months. I got great reception and their customer service is actually really good too. Its not too expensive either, its 25 cents/minute, but if you use more than ten minutes in a day, it drops down to 10. I now have a regular plan through alltel though.