OT: Hi, It's me

addict

Hi everyone,

Well, I'm not sure where to start, and this kinda feels awkward, so please bear with me. :)

Anyway, I heard through the grapevine, about a week ago, that I'd had a 'falling out' with Reef Sanctuary, and I just wanted to come back and hopefully correct the misconception...
I'll admit that I was mighty sore that my tank thread was photo-less, and my reply in that thread could've probably been more clearly worded, but when I said "This is my last post", I really meant in that thread... I didn't mean 'at Reef Sanctuary'. So for that, I apologize.

I mainly haven't been around because of school... I'm a senior in college this year, and with 17 units last semester, I didn't have much time to get online at all... October through December was just a big blur. :columbo:
So, it's not that I didn't want to be here... circumstances pretty much dicatated that for me. :)

I'm sure you all have heard by now that RAG has once again changed hands, and I've been co-administrating the site with Patrick. He handles the business side of things, and I've been put in charge of the community.

Recently, my job has been to sort the threads in the General Discussion forum into more specific fora, and wading through all those old threads has given me some perspective on Reef Sanctuary's community that I didn't have before. Up until now I had never been privy to what went on behind-the-scenes at RAG, which caused the breakup, since I didn't participate at RAG, and didn't meet most of you until you had already started this site.
I mainly want you all to know that even though you lost RAG back then, your ideology lives on through me.

The time I've spent here at Reef Sanctuary has been the best I've had in my brief reefkeeping experience, and I can only hope that we'll someday have the same type of community again at RAG that you all have here. The support you gave me as I was building my tank this past year was phenomenal, and I haven't forgotten how much that support meant to me, and made my project turn out better.

I mainly just wanted to ask if it's okay if I still come around and participate sometimes? I'm not sure, with the current situation, if you want me around or not... but I really miss talking to you all.

Thanks for hearing me out.

David.

angnak

For what it's worth from me, WELCOME BACK!!! I don't think anyone here holds grudges. I think most of the bugs have been worked out and everything seems to be running pretty good.

jimeluiz

Welcome back. Speaking for myself - I'd like to say that all curious, committed, gentle, addicted, thoughtful and funloving folk are welcome in the Sanctuary. Nice to see your post. I look forward to hearing more from you.

Good luck in school!

David!How are you?Perhaps you should know that many former members from RAG are still around either here or in other sites.The discontent among members(at RAG) was never towards other members but to some individuals that later on ran the site but gave the site a different direction leaning more to a commercialized site.Vendors running a site sometimes gives people a funny felling that they(owners) might be using the site for their own purposes of having members using and buying their products.
I know also that many members pics here were lost due to a technical problems that's all.
Anyway I'll stop there(RAG)from time to time to contribute and share but I can tell you that at RAG sometimes I fell lonely without the old crowd.
Nice to see here and hopefully it's not the last time.

VINA

PS.I'M NOT bashing ANYBODY OR ANOTHER SITE!

ReefLady

Staff member
Hey David, you're always welcome here. Glad to hear from you again. I guess I got the wrong impression from the post in your tank thread, and was very saddened to see you go. I'm now delighted to hear that wasn't the case.

You've certainly done nothing to make yourself unwelcome here. Quite the opposite, you've been an asset to our community and I'm sure you will continue to be for as long as you choose to do so.

As far as RAG is concerned... history is history. It's an undeniable part of our history here, but I think we've really moved past all the hard feelings. My policy on that is "live and let live." And if we didn't welcome people who were members of other boards, we'd be an awfully small group. :)

T

Gina

RS STAFF
Welcome back Dave!
We are very pleased to see you posting here again! I followed your thread from start to finish and have to admit that was one of the finest to watch come together!
How is your cube doing these days? I'm sure it's superb!

If you get around to it show us how it looks today.
Again, so glad to see you back!

addict

Wow... you all are the best (as if I ever had any doubt). :D
I thank you all for your kind welcome back's... and I hope that I can be deserving of your graces... ;)
I'm graduating here in May, and then I'll be back out into the cold, cruel world again, instead of living the posh student life... LOL. :D
And I'll post a new pic of my tank... things sure have changed since the last time I posted. :)

Thanks again, to all of you... you don't know how stoked I am that ya still want me around. :)

Oh... and I caught a rogue crab this morning witty... dang thing went through about $100 worth of fish before I finally caught him... trying to hide under a ricordia colony. :)

addict

LOL... yes, crabs definitely are evil... even when they look cute. :D

I also wanted to say that I totally understand the commercialization issue... I'd hate to see that happen. That's not to say that we'll be eschewing sponsorship... I don't think I'd want to pay the hosting bill out of my own pocket. :D
As long as we collect what it takes to keep RAG alive that's AOK in my book. :)

Thanks again to all of you... I wish I had the time to type out a personal message to each of you, but I'm up to my eyeballs in administrative tasks at the moment. :)

Hey David!How about a continuation of your thread again!Man I tell you that I really enjoy that one.Everyday the soon I got home from work it was the first thing I ever checked.
David as everyone here said all of us are very happy to see you back.Your contribution and knowledge of things are priceless.Perhaps(I'm sure) many had benefit from reading and following your interesting threads.
Now the only thing you have to do is to give us an update of your tank.
If you did any changes what had you done?Are you satisfy with the water flow?Lighting?Is the tank BB or DSB?
Sorry for all my ?'s but I'm very interesting in knowing about a tank that kept me busy night after night.It's like not watching the end of a good movie.TIA

VINA