OT Gas Prices in your area?

dobejazz

3.39 for regular here in the far north suburbs of chicago at one station. It's probably close to 4$ downtown chicago

Reef Geek

Reefus Geekus
I guess we are pretty lucky here in Colorado. 2.79/gal

As far as releasing the strategic oil reserves, which Bush has said he will do, it doesn't really help that much. That is crude oil that still needs to be refined into gasoline, and there is no more refining capacity. That is where the bottleneck is. There is more oil than capability to refine it. In addition you have different formulas for different areas. Cali gas is a different formulation than Arizona gas and is still different than Texas gas. Solution? Build more refineries, but that wont help prices for several years maybe even a decade. JMHO

BoomerD

We just got home from a 6200 mile road trip. California to Wisconsin, then the long tourist route home...Yellowstone, Mt. Rushmore, Mt. Rainier, etc. The best prices we saw were $2.12 for 85 octane regular in Evanston Wyoming 3 weeks ago, and the worst was yesterday $3.11 in a small town in northern California. I imagine those have gone up substantially with the damage from Katrina, as they have in the rest of the country.
To find the lowest gas prices in your area, be sure to check http://www.gasbuddy.com/

Witfull

bit of a drive from here to fill up. :) havent been out to see if they went up uet today. im sure they have.

proud2bcanadian

This email has been going around quite a bit, and I saw it on a couple other forums, so I decided to post here too...

IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE IN THE UNITED
STATES AND CANADA DIDNOT PURCHASE A DROP OF GASOLINE
FOR ONE DAY AND ALL AT THE SAME
TIME, THE OIL COMPANIES WOULD CHOKE ON THEIR
STOCKPILES.

AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY
WITH A NET LOSS OF OVER 4.6 BILLION DOLLARS WHICH
AFFECTS THE BOTTOM LINES OF THE OIL COMPANIES.

THEREFORE SEPTEMBER 1st HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED
"STICK IT UP THEIR BEHIND " DAY AND THE PEOPLE OF
THESE TWO NATIONS SHOULD NOT BUY A
SINGLE DROP OF GASOLINE THAT DAY.

Witfull

sounds good in theory, but, you have to get gas and would get it the next day. the best thing we can do is drive fuel efficient vehicles and promote alternative fuel sources. i remember the OPEC crisis when there was no gas and odd even purchases of no more that 8 gallons. this may not happen again, but prices may go so high, that we will have to change.

ReefLady

Staff member
2.89/Gal this morning.

I commute 28 miles each way five days a week. Needless to say, a motorcycle is starting to sound good.

Warnberg

I with you travis, 18 miles one way to work for me...... hummmm did I see somewhere a car that ran on water?

Gina

RS STAFF
$3.35 on my way home from work! Everyday it's just keeps jumping up and not just a cent or two!

dwall174

Here in the Detroit Metro Area the price was $2.59 Monday morning! now Thursday it’s $3.49 :stars:
With the Holiday Weekend almost here I bet it will top $4.00 by Friday afternoon.

pista01

I'm just glad I bought my little Beetle. It has a turbo diesel and gets 48mpg. I filled up two days ago at $2.64. It's $2.79 now and gas is $3.09 at the same station.

fidojoe

Fish Addict
Last week on friday I filled up my tank at sams club (membership) for $257, and costco (have a membership there too) had the same price. Yesterday (wednesday) on my way to work I was running low on gas (and short on time, of course :D ) I stopped and put in $10 worth of gas for $2.86/g, then when I got home from work my dad said to go fill up cause its going to jump really high within 24 hrs. according to the people on this local game & fish forum he frequents. So I went to the same station and filled up for $2.89/g, 7 hrs later! Fortunately I got rid of my '97 nissan pickup (2.4l 4 banger that got 14 mpg) and got an '04 Camry last tuesday (same size engine, but 24 mpg)

rckmtl

I'm like 50 miles west of Chicago. The high here has been at 3.31 for last 2 days. But almost every station is a diffrent price, with a range down to .25 cents less. plus sometimes it changes every couple hours. literally.
I am very glad my new apartment is only a quarter mile from my job.

But the funny thing is that prices -in- chicago have actually been lower then the prices by me. Traditionally they are.10 to.50 cents higher in this sort of situation