OT:Biggest Public Salt Water Aquarium in U.S.

teresa

Hi Guys,
Can anyone tell me which State in U.S. has the biggest Public salt water aquarium and exhibits. Sasquatch and I might want to check that out next year. He sure needs a holiday, what better then to visit his favourite hobby. Thanks.

blue_eyes53813

Re: Biggest Public Salt Water Aquarium in U.S.

Hmmm gosh I have no idea.. I know its not In Wisconsin.. I just wanna follow along here.

Anselth

I know Atlanta and Baltimore are both quite large, I think Monterey is too. Hard to know without having visited them all. I think I need to start researching this for you!

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM

The National Aquarium in Baltimore and the Aquarium of the Americas in New Orleans are both nice aquariums. Although, I'm not too sure of New Orleans after Katrina. I very much enjoyed the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago, but have heard mixed reviews of it now. Never been to Monterey.

Pro_builder

The one in Long Beach is really nice and supposed to be one of the largest in the US

teresa

Thank You everyone for your imput. and also the research.I guess there are a few big ones. Yes Boozeman, Sasquatch is getting senile and tends to forget alot of things even my presence but he never forgets to go into Reef Sanctuary. Wakes up, takes his coffee to the office and "Reef Sanctuary
here I come"

cioutlaw

I think the Georgia aquarium is the largest or at least thats what they claimed when I was there, reguardless it was very nice. If you go to Atlanta I would avoid the Coca-Cola plant, It was WAY over rated & cost too much.

Shedd is nice & thier are tons of other things to do in Chicago.

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM

...but he never forgets to go into Reef Sanctuary. Wakes up, takes his coffee to the office and "Reef Sanctuary
here I come"

It's nice to be loved! :laughroll:

teresa

Thank You, will check into that .

I think the Georgia aquarium is the largest or at least thats what they claimed when I was there, reguardless it was very nice. If you go to Atlanta I would avoid the Coca-Cola plant, It was WAY over rated & cost too much.

Shedd is nice & thier are tons of other things to do in Chicago.

kinghokus420

Sasquatch is getting senile and tends to forget alot of things even my presence but he never forgets to go into Reef Sanctuary. Wakes up, takes his coffee to the office and "Reef Sanctuary
here I come"

hmm my wife just happened to read this. out of all of the posts on this forum and countless hours i have spent on the internet wasting my time this is the one post she gets to see. she says that she feels your pain. i do the same thing.
back on topic, im not sure if monterey is the biggest but its the closest to me and it is still quite large. it takes a solid half a day to see it all. probably longer if theres no kids. monterey is a really neat town . frisco is just down the road a bit too.

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
The Georgia Aquarium, located in Atlanta, Georgia at Pemberton Place, is billed as the "world's largest aquarium" with more than 8.1 million US gallons (30,662 m³; 30,661,835 liters) of marine and fresh water housing more than 100,000 animals of 500 different species.

Georgia Aquarium

2455coop

I know it's not the biggest but Dallas has this Rain Forest exhibit down town. It is 4 stories of tropical stuff but only has a small portion of it dedicated to t aquariums...However. On the bottom floor they have about 8 or 9 huge aquariums that are nothing but reef setups...each one has a different area that it represents....

Like The Great Barrier Reef...Hawaii...Caribbean

So if any one is in the DFW area...ya'll should check it out....lol

teresa

Whoa!! there are many aquariums that are really worth seeing. Will have to plan out which one to see first. I am sure all of them have their own wonderful display of the specimens of the sea.Another good point is we get to visit some of Sasquatch's wonderful Reef friends as well.
Thank you for all the responses.