OT: A short trip

boozeman

the reason for my short trip was because my mom wanted us to present her new grandson to her church priest and members.

Last edited:

boozeman

... my parents retired to PR and I ofthen travel there for a visit, conveniently staying at their house :D

Last edited:

boozeman

there was plenty of time for sightseeing.
this is the town center. It was built around a natural spring aquifer that flows up from the ground and courses thru the plaza and out to the nearby ocean.
it was designed and built by a cousin of mine who also happens to be a very prominent PRcan architect.

Last edited:

boozeman

...and still time left for an afternoon on the beach.
the western side of the island enjoys beaches of warm crystal clear waters...some of which are only known to the locals and are ofthen free from crowds.

Last edited:

boozeman

...another day at another beach :D
this is a famous beach named ''Crash boat''...it is great to spend the entire day there!

Last edited:

boozeman

overlooking this beach, on the edge of a cliff is the other reason for my trip.
I had purchased a condo and needed to oversee a few details..mine is the one on the left corner top floor...it is a two storey penthouse and hopefully will be compleated by '09.

Last edited:

boozeman

...and I spent the evening trying to convince mom that a reef tank would look great instead of her indoor garden between the stairs :lol:
...she never did see things my way :D

Last edited:

boozeman

last day...time for one more beach.
this time another hidden local gem called ''las Ruinas'' named after the old, (ruined=ruinas) remains there.

Last edited:

boozeman

this beach has outcroppings of coral rock. The constant pounding of the waves leaves behind thousands of small pools in which many animals remain trapped untill the evening tide sets them free...inside these pools I saw many fish swimming and scooter blennies darting around the sandy bottom.

Last edited: