Opinions on "best" foods to bring out colors in fish ie Juvinile Emperor to Adult

TwistedNative83

Recently purchased a Juvenile Emperor Angelfish and am curious as to peoples opinions on the better foods to feed in order to get the best colors out of it and my other fish. :eek:verhere:

frisbee

The more variety you can provide the better. This can be anything from live to frozen, pellets to flake. GL.

DaveK

With many of the large angels, they will graze on the rocks and love to eat sponges. They also will eat most corals. Having rock for them to graze on helps a lot. This is why the fish is generally not considered t be reef safe. If you want corals and such, return the fish.

These fish do get large, and if well fed, fairly hardy. Plan on about a 150 gal tank for an adult. They can grow fast.

TwistedNative83

The more variety you can provide the better. This can be anything from live to frozen, pellets to flake. GL.

I have read all the txt from sites etc stating all this. I'm looking for some personal tried and trued experience.... Hoping someone has found good mixtures/products that have seemed to do a good job. Thanks though :yup:

TwistedNative83

With many of the large angels, they will graze on the rocks and love to eat sponges. They also will eat most corals. Having rock for them to graze on helps a lot. This is why the fish is generally not considered t be reef safe. If you want corals and such, return the fish.

These fish do get large, and if well fed, fairly hardy. Plan on about a 150 gal tank for an adult. They can grow fast.

I've got my Juvenile Emperor in with a few corals right now, I'll try my luck with it and see what happens. I'm feeding regularly and have not had any issues with nipping at anything other than the 200lbs of live rock. It's only about 3" right now and I look forward to it blossoming into a beautiful fish. I've got it in a 180g tank.... Probably be fine for awhile :smirk: Worst case scenario, I'll move the few corals into a smaller "friendlier" tank.

Mayja

Social Media Moderator
RS STAFF
I have read all the txt from sites etc stating all this. I'm looking for some personal tried and trued experience.... Hoping someone has found good mixtures/products that have seemed to do a good job. Thanks though :yup:

Reef Frenzy from LRS. Tell Larry that Mayja sent ya! And for pellets, New Life Spectrum really makes my clowns pop with their orange!

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
The fish frenzy from Larry should be a good mix. His food is great for freshness and all around variety. I second the nls pellets as I use them and read a lot of good reviews on them helping with fish color. All my fish are healthy and colorful but I'm biased :)