one stop at LFS now look what happend

bullet

Got home tonight and the xenias little arms are starting to extend again with extremely tiny flowers on the ends. So I think we will just leave alone and see what happens for a few more days.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Got home tonight and the xenias little arms are starting to extend again with extremely tiny flowers on the ends. So I think we will just leave alone and see what happens for a few more days.

Good report, hope it continues to bounce back! :flower::yehoo:

bullet

Thanks for the good word we hope it is going to also. Not sure why it did that but hopefully we will see a difference when and if it opens all the way back up

bullet

Water test last nite and it couldn't have been more perfect. And to make it better the Xenia is starting to stretch out and "wiggle" as Shortie puts it, also the cardinal fish is starting to come to the front of the tank more often and Mr. Shrimp is hanging out closer to the edge of the cave instead of just coming out to steal food from the hermit crabs which by the way last night i put in some new shells and all but one of them tried them on and changed we need to get some a touch bigger for the larger guys. I don't know how often you have given your herms new shells or watched them try to put them on but it is quite entertaining.

bullet

The refractometer came in and has worked great, its easy to read and understand glad we bought it also picked up a test kit from the LFS haven't tried it alone yet I still compare my results to the LFS just to be sure but directions are easy to follow so no problems there. Oh its a Red sea Marine Care test Kit it does Ammonia Nitrite nitrate PH and Alkalinity. I know we will need more down the road but for now this will be good I think.

bullet

It's hard to see pic isn't real clear but it's little arms are about 1/4 inch tall now but the ends haven't opened all the way back up yet

bullet

and it happened today Shortie says we need to get a bigger tank :yehoo: . I told her that opens up a whole new world of possibilities to get the fish that wont do well in the 29gallon biocube. It's time to plan again

bullet

you guys have been a GREAT help in getting us going Diana,Greg, Thank you guys and all of you for the likes and Whippitguy , Mrsalt and everyone else for your words of advice especially on the refractometer dilemma. The Sybon is awesome !!! Any ways just wanted to say THANKS for everything I/we enjoy reading the different forums for advice you guys and gals give on anything and everything fellow reefers have to ask about , your knowledge, and experiences are great learning tools for anyone that takes the time to read your posts and take your advice

bullet

So as mentioned in previous post we picked up a fire goby today and he was doing great eating swimming all over the tank, the tank mates greeted him well and every thing was good then the lights went out as normal then .....Well I believe I just learned about the life cycle of the fire goby it turns out it grows up gets caught brought to the lfs then bought at LFS gets brought home then gets eaten by the RBTA :mad: Bad RBTA you not supposed to do that :nono: at least thats who Im blaming cause now his arms are'nt extended like they were when I target fed him this evening, and as both clowns are way to small the snails are to slow the hermits are stuffed from veggie rounds and the blood shrimp hasn't moved from where hes been hanging out at since this am.

bullet

I looked over under around behind below inside heck even outside the tank just to be sure the little guy wasn't hiding in a good spot or jumped out. I even moved the tank away from the corner so I could look in the refugium and the chambers in case he fit through the grates. Like I sad he was doing great swimming back and forth up down riding the current then getting out of it. Hes gotta be inside the RBTA

puffermike

Fire Gobies are jumpers... Keep your eyes on the outside of the tank. You'd be suprised where you'll find them.