One probable aiptasia and 2 mysterious corals ?

phf

Hi everyone,

Here are 3 hitchhikers that are now growing in my tank.

First looks like an aptaisia, right ?
Second seems to be some kind of corals, which one ?
Third, well, I really don't know what it is !

P1090075.jpg

P1090073.jpg

P1090074.jpg

jerry26

First is aiptasia. Second looks like maybe a toadstool? Sponge? Third i saw for the first time yesterday and apparently they are just some type of worm that is a harmless filter feeder. I think they look cool myself.

Idk if sponges will have polyps like that so hopefully someone with more knowledge chimes in soon.

Blue Space

yep. aip, toadstool, and a christmas tree worm. cool hh'ers cept the aip... get rid of it soon they will spread like wild fire. I used a duo of aip-x for the big ones and a peppermint shimp ate all the small ones.

phf

Thanks a lot all of you !
Will fight against the aiptasia...s because I just notice another one. Badly located.
Good news then for the Xmas tree ! I have not fed it yet, probably there is enough in the water but should I ?
For the toadstool, mine has no leg. Is that the early stage and then the leg will grow later ?

Oxylebius

I would suggest feeding the Christmas tree feather duster tube worms - many slowly starve in our tanks b/c of limited particles floating in the water column. They are filter feeders and do best if spot feed on a regular basis. Here is some more info on these worms, including suggestions on what to feed them: Fan Worms: Feather Duster Worms and other Fan Worm Species and scroll down to "filter feeding feather dusters" here Innovative Marine Aquaculture. And here is a great article on them: Aquarium Invertebrates: Featherdusters In The Aquarium — Advanced Aquarist | Aquarist Magazine and Blog. Happy reading!