One of those DUMB moments!

lgerold

Today started out great. I had ordered some zoo frags from Sharky's (nice stuff Sharky's!), and they arrived yesterday. I set them out on a plate rock that we bought specifically for this purpose. Today, I received another shipment (15!), and tonight I set to placing them and gluing them onto this plate. Once it's filled in, this 12 inch plate should be awesome.

So, I'm just finishing up, and the kids and Mike are at the table waiting for me to eat. I apply superglue to the last piece, and proceed to drop the darned tube into the reef.

Of course, it's can't fall right up front where I can reach it, but decides to scoot right back to the middle of the rockwork, and sand level. RRRRR. It's a 210 gallon tank, no way to reach in and snake my hand through the rocks. I'm eating dinner,wondering if this will cause future problems. The tube is empty. Mike and I worry about the paint on the tube, and the possibility of corrosion of the tube.

So, my darling hubby offers to make the 30 mile trip to Menards, to pick up a miniature springy claw. What a doll.

After many attempts, I manage to get the claw around the tube, and ever so carefully pull it out. Whew!

So, now I have a new tool in my fish closet. Cost a whole $1.50!

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
I was worried at the start of the story. I am glad it had a happy ending! ....so you cooked his favorite dessert, right? :D

lgerold

Hmmm. He's on a diet. I wonder how else I could express my gratitude?

Hmm. Maybe I'll buy him a new tool!

JFK_Jr

PREMIUM
So, my darling hubby offers to make the 30 mile trip to Menards, to pick up a miniature springy claw. What a doll.

So, now I have a new tool in my fish closet. Cost a whole $1.50!

What is this miniature springy claw thing you speak of? cnfzd:

You have a link?

lgerold

It's a spring (completely flexible), about 2 feet long, with a claw at one end. You squeeze the handle at the other end, and the claw opens. It's used by mechanics to grab screws that fall into difficult places in/on an engine.

I was also able to pick up two zoo frags that the water current had managed to blow off (I shoulda turned the pumps off too!).

lgerold

Snails in an overflow box, suction cups that come off the glass, Nori clip, dead fish, the possibilities are endless!

BrothaWolf

I coulda used one of those 2 weeks ago when I spotted a screw that fell out of my canopy Pretty much had to take all the rock out of the tank to get it. I was not a happy camper that day. Im going out to buy one of those tomorrow!

rDr4g0n

i bought one for the purpose of removing a gorilla crab just this weekend

btw it didnt work lol

lgerold

Would you believe I was brave enough to post it? We've all done dumb things. Anyone else brave enough to admit it?