Omg Finally Snowflake/occ Laying Eggs

OMG I am so excited i hope everyone tags along for the journey well see if the male snowflake is fertile and if we get snowflakes out of them. I am very curious to see what happens wheres woodstock lol

49004940.jpg

49024941.jpg

49054942.jpg

49104943.jpg

49114944.jpg

I recieved the female from a friensd that was getting out of the hobby as well as allot more pairs. These two have been together for exactly 1 month which is the best part. The female was laying with another male before they were split apart. S he took to the snowflake right away and boom one month later there ya go. im gonna fatten her up this week and next week to get a bigger clutch. And as time goes by they will get tighter i just hope the male is fertile lol

Unfortunately no I am not right now i have 2 pairs of snowflakes 4 pairs picassos, 2 black occ, 2 reg occ, and 2 onyx so if I do buddy i promise you will be the first i will contact I do have onyx babies that will be ready soon but I am trying to become a sponsor so i can get them to the public as well as these hopeful snowflakes to. But hopefully after xmas i will be a sponsor

thanks man, i reaallllly want a clownpair!! id take the black occ or reg. the snow and pics are wayy outta my price range right now prob. onyx too

well she layed last night the 23 so hopefully by the 30 they will be ready to hatch. I hope the male did his job this orning i took a look and he picked off about a quarter of the nest so we will see. I have seen with my other pairs that their first nest is always weak, due to the male not doing his job or vise versa. I hope we get a hatch Im keeping my fingers crossed

Well today is the 2nd day after she layed and the the male has picked off all the eggs. I think since it was his first spawn he didnt really know what was goin on. I usually dont collect the first three spawns anyway, but i ill have to see how her next clutch is .

Yeah i was a lil upset. I know its common for this to happen, and ive seen it happen with a couple other pairs of mine. Well see on her next batch thanks

Thank you sandy I hope to that he is fertile. I saw that he did do his passes over the eggs, but then again I tested my alkalinity and it was low. I have read that having low alkalinity does affect the sperm of male clownfish but that I guess was a theory im not sure. Either way she is actually getting hydrated as I speak which seems a bit eraly. We will see this time around, oh by the way nice job with the occ sandy I hope it gets even better if you have any thoughts or questions id love to swap ideas see ya

MattieS87

wow congratulations!

did you feed your clowns anything special before they started to breed?
I have a mated pair of true percs and was wondering if there is a special diet or something that could encourage them to breed?