Oldsaint's 260g mixed reef

oldsaint

I don't get over here as often as I would like to. As busy as I am at work it's hard enough keeping up with one board let alone several. I would like to share one of my tanks with you all and maybe get some feedback on it. If you see something I could do better PLEASE let me know. I've been in this hobby about 6+ yrs but really didn't start learning the correct ways until about 2 yrs ago.

Tank is a 260 96x24x26 all glass. I bought the tank and stand used for 500.00. The stand was in pretty bad shape so I completely stripped it and relaminated it. This was not a fun project and would have been easier just to build another one. Live and learn in this hobby. :rolleyes:

Lighting 880 watts VHO and 2x 400 watt MH

Skimmer Euro reef 12-1 with a few mods 2x Sedras 9000 instead of 5000 and I enlarged both venturis and have added ozone.

3 Phosban reactors 2 with phosban and one running carbon changed every 2 weeks.

UV is 120 watt Gamma flow is 300gph

Chiller is a Arctica titanium 1/3hp

Top off system is made by Tunze with an osmulator that adds Cal hydroxide(kalk) I evaporate about 4 gals a day.

270 lbs of Tonga LR and 260 lbs of LS

Well I think thats about all of it. Maintenance is simple. I clean the glass twice a week, change the filter socks everyday, do a 25% water change once a week and test twice a month.

Now for the fun stuff. Hope you like. :)

oldsaint

RC13.jpg

9626DSC00057-med.jpg

9626DSC00055-med.jpg

RC12.jpg

rock2.jpg

DSC00905.jpg

mps9506

Love the tank. I espcially love the naso's. Perhaps someday I will have a tank large enough for those guys.
How long have you had the elegance, looks happy.

oldsaint

Thanks everyone for the compliments. It really means alot.

mps9506 I've had the elegance for almost a year. It seems to be doing very well. I feed it finely chopped silverside about twice a week. That was my last impulse, no research buy I'll ever do.
The Vlamingii was given to me by some folks that had her in a 180. I'm glad I have her but she's doubled in size in 6 mths and already needs a bigger tank. She'll have to deal with the 260 for a little while longer. :rolleyes:

oldsaint

Just a few new additions and a couple of new pics of my Tangs. I've contacted the New Orleans aquarium and will be donating my vlamingii to them in Sept. She's just getting way to big for the tank. I hate to see her go but I know she'll be happier and very well cared for.
DSCN2437.jpg

DSCN2444.jpg

DSCN2377.jpg

DSCN2350.jpg

DSCN2416.jpg

DSCN2413.jpg

If you look towards the bottom you can see a small Acro crab that hitched a ride.
DSCN2403.jpg