Old tank water after a WC

Clint24

Hello everyone. Hope uall r ready for the holidays!! :).

I was just curious to see what some folks do with their water they take out of their tanks after a WC. I live with a septic tank so for as long as I have been in this hobby, I've always just dumped it out in a field. With winter coming & all it's a real pain in the ---!! I was looking for some ideas on what I could use it for. Will the salt in the water kill house plants? Is it harmful for the bacteria that grows in a septic tank? Just curious. It's not really a big deal but it sure seems like a waste of water just to dump it n a field. I'm talkin about 60-90 gallons a month.

Hope everyone is well & happy fishin!!

CD

DaveK

Yes, SW will kill most plants, including house plants.

Yes, SW isn't good in a septic system, as it will kill bacteria and get into you leach field.

mikecc

An ancient legend says that Odysseus feigned madness by yoking a horse and an ox to his plow and sowing salt.

May need to consult the Geneva agreements to see if salting the ground is a crime against humanity.

Ratpack

Perhaps pour it someplace to help control the plant life, such as a driveway, under a deck or similar.

bullet

I take ours during the spring and summer and use it to control grass growing in the driveway cracks and on the side walk and pretty much any where you do not want anything to grow