Octoman's 55 gallons of euphoria

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Great! That anemone has really come back, it apparently likes its emvironment. All the best with your new friends!:D

Octoman

Thanks everyone! Fred, the anemone, decided he didn't like the front side of the rock and moved to the back. Instead of crawling across, he decided to jam his whole body through the tiny hole on top of the rock (right in front of him in the picture), it took about 24 hours to get through. He's eating well and the clowns still hang out near him, but refuse to get in. It's kind of like kids at the pool afraid to jump in...

Fred.jpg

Octoman

My little corallimorph has really changed color a lot since he hitched his way in with the rock...

6 months ago..
markfishies105.jpg

Now..
mush.jpg

Octoman

Thanks in_a_days!

My ricordea that spent some time in the belly of my flower anemone has recovered well and seems to be "budding"...

Ric-1.jpg

Octoman

Hey Mark, how do you know that clownfish is blind?

He swims around looking for food, but can't seem to find it. He eats voraciously if he happens to bump in to the food. He doesn't respond if you move your hand around the tank in front of him, but seems to notice it in the water if he can sense the pressure. Someone else had given up on him because he could never find food in her tank and was starving to death.

However, in the last few weeks, he seems to be finding food pretty quickly, so maybe he's getting his vision back? :) I haven't taken a picture of him yet, but I'll try to get one tonight.

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Poor little guy, does he have an anemone to comfort him? Looks like he's in the fuge.

The tank does look great. That hammer is beautiful!

Octoman

Thanks everybody! I'm about done stocking the tank and now I'm just going to sit back and let things grow. I would like to add a couple more Rics, but that's about it. I wanted to make sure I had room for the BTA to have one whole side and the clam to have enough area to grow. I'm most definitely looking at an upgrade in a year and a half when I move :).

Poor little guy, does he have an anemone to comfort
him? Looks like he's in the fuge.

The clown is in the fuge. I'm afraid my false percs would tear him apart in the display. If he fully recovers, I'll find a new home for him, otherwise, he's welcome to live with my chaeto.

I noticed last night that my BTA is starting to get more bubbly! The tips are becoming more bulbous. My female ocellaris will stick her head in looking for food and protects it, but she still won't take the plunge...

fred-1.jpg

Craig Manoukian

It can take up to a month or more for the clowns to take to the host anemone. This is not a bad thing as this will allow your anemone to settle in without the stress of of the clowns shimmying. I recommend anemones be added and acclimated for months before introdicing the clowns. I've seen the added stress fron the clowns kill an anemone.