Ocellaris Clownfish

reefer1

I have a 18 gallon reef aquarium with 26 lbs of live rock, I also have aqua clear 300 running with reef carbon in it and i have a Seaclone protein skimmer that can handle 100 gallon tank. i have had it going for 7 weeks now. and all my tests are perfect (0 nitrate) (0 Ammonia) (0 nitrites) (PH is 8.2) I use RO water for my water replacement. I have 7 hermit crabs that are doing great, and four trubo snails that are also doing great,and i have a tiger striped serpent sea star that is doing great, and i have a bulb anemone that is doing very good to, my calcareous algae in purple and in pink and in green is growing fast the tank looks great. my question is i have two Ocellaris clowns that i recently put in my tank one has developed a what looks like fin rot on lower fin he keeps it tucked up but he still acts nomal he stopped eatting but i noticed today he act like he want to eat that is a good sign. i think it was caused by stress, and was wondering if i should just let it go and hope he comes out of it.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Do the clowns get along ok? When I first introduced my 2 perculas years ago, they had to establish who was boss. Maybe the fin is just a bit damaged either from the stress of shipping (netting, bagging, etc). fighting, or it could be just an old injury. What type of food are you feeding? Maybe he is just a picky eater... try a frozen food. I would not do anything and just watch them closely. Keep up with the water changes because the fish and food you add will affect water quality.

Good Luck!

EdgeKrusher

Have you noticed the other Clown chasing him, or attacking him in anyway? When you say he acts like he want's to eat, does he eat? Is the other clown beating him to the food?
On another note, are you checking your CA and ALk? How are you keeping them balanced?

EK