Oceans Motions

duuce

Has anyone tried these wave makers yet.They are new but I'm hearing great things about them.
Oceansmotions.com

no i havent used them yet, but i will on my next tank unless i hear something bad about them. I talked to the owner Paul. Good guy and seems like good customer service

Michael_Lambert

They are great units, I know the guy ( Paul ) who owns the company and makes them.. GREAT units.. Picking up a 2 way for my 125.. :)

mps9506

I've seen one in person finally. It wasn't hooked up yet. It was much smaller than I expected, works very smoothly. I can't believe how simple it is. Just a housing with a motor on top and a hole on the bottom with 4 holes on the sides. The motor turns a housing on the inside to switch the open ports.
Too simple.
As far as head loss, it appears it is the same as adding 2 90elbows to your plumbing. Perhaps just one 90 on some ports depnding on how you plumb.
Very cool to see the thing on, it appears to be a very good alternative to acctuated ball valves, no way to program it really, but still, it appears solid and simple, and quiet.
Mike

Icebox

I have been trying to follow the threads on RC, and it appears these are working as advertaised... When my move fell through, I stopped looking, though I think it is going to work out here real soon. I expect that I will be using 1-2 of these on a 180... though I am not real sure what my other half will say... :)

They look great to m. I am looking forward to the randomization of my water flow...

Mike