Oceanic 180 f/s N. Cal

BoomerD

Oceanic glass 180 for sale. Best offer over $200. Pick-up only! Minimal scratches. Drilled for 1.5" bulkhead & 3/4" bulkhead. (Not included) Blue back.
Here's a picture of it when it was set-up
107180before-med.jpg

Also available is a Mandarin III wet-dry filter. Dual tower, dual rotating spray bars. Drilled for Kent float valve & 3/4" bulkhead, (again, not included) Does include about 7 gallons of Bio-Sphere balls if you want em. Prefer not to ship, this is large & heavy. Dimensions are 36x12x18 high. (11 high at the sloped portion)
Here's another pic:
107wetdry-med.jpg

Contact me at BoomerD (at) pacbell (dot) net or PM me and we can discuss prices.
Thanks for looking.

Geez, I hate it when the mods move a picture!:laughroll

Last edited:

wooddood

the wood dude
man if you were closer to indiana i would snatch that up in a heart beat.whats up you get another tank?anyway good luck selling it but i dought you will have any problems selling it,ps.if you'll ship i'll buy.thanks dave.

BoomerD

Dave, this thing weight in at around 400 lbs. (oof!) Shipping cposts would bring the price up to close to the price of a new one at the LFS.

I'll also consider trades. I need a good return pump & dual 250w MH's.

BoomerD

Unfortunately no. Part of the problem has been on my end. When I originally spoke to the LFS about ordering a new replacement acrylic tank(180 72x24x24), with dual overflows & custom mounts for my Sea Swirls, I was quoted an easy price of under $600. I double checked the dimensions of the glass tank and found that it was 26" high, (must have been a senior moment!) and that a 24" tank would show a gap between the top of the tank & the canopy. OOPS! Called the LFS back, gave them the NEW dimensions. New price...$1450. Apparently, Tru-Vu says any tank 48" or longer, and over 24" in height MUST be made from 1" acrylic, instead of the 1/2" they build the standard 24" high tanks from.
Checking into having the stand legs cut & shortened to accomodate the shorter tank. I wanted to have them cut so I could get this beast down the hall into my home office anyway.
Sill available, just temporarily on hold.

wooddood

the wood dude
i have a 120 48x24x24 and my glass is 3/8th i would look else where.sounds like somebody is gettin the short end of the stick.if you think im wrong let me know. dave.

Dennis7

Wooddood,
I just mic my 120gal glass tank and the sides are 1/2"(.500) and the bottom is 5/8"(.625). I believe acrylic tanks are thicker,because the acrylic bows more when fill with water.