Normal cycling algae or other?

Cara Richman

OHHH I see! It's not just some snot coming out of a few tube worms. If it's all over the rocks and pumps. There is something else going on. What's the name of Your LFS ? Good Luck!
Yeah, this wasn't just a few critters. It was of Ghostbusters slime proportions :D That rock came through Ocala Reef. (not badmouthing them at all...they've been great). It's harvested off Tampa somewhere. I think i just got really unlucky and got VERY live rock.

Pat24601

I cleaned oodles of mucus off rocks, sump, etc.. I got it reasonably clean and it was covered again this afternoon. I said forget it and took all the live rock out and left the Real Reef rock. i went to my LFS and inspected his live rock. I'm going to rebuild with that. It's clean and has been in his tanks for months.
An occasional thread in the tank is one thing, but I had a plague situation and it wasn't enjoyable. My poor CUC was covered in slime.

This is what I was really thinking you should do, but people hate being told to start over so I didn't. If I was doing it over, I'd use dry rock.

Cara Richman

This is what I was really thinking you should do, but people hate being told to start over so I didn't. If I was doing it over, I'd use dry rock.
I appreciate any and all advice. The tank was only 3 weeks old and has nothing but the CUC so it wasn't too bad. i wasn't having to move livestock and corals. I've got one final cleanup of the sump this morning after all the moving around i did yesterday and then hopefully it's over and done with!