Nobby's S-650

Nobbygas

What’s happening in your world then ?
I've been busy with work and decided to take a short break from the Net. Everything is hunky dory with the tank at the moment. It's just ticking over quite nicely. We're off to the Maldives in nine days time and I'm going to get back into diving. I've had an enforced break from it due to my heart attack several years ago, but now I'm ok to start again. I won't be going deep but just staying on the house reef, which will be a nice gentle re-introduction to diving. My 10 year old has also said he wants to learn to dive so we'll see about getting him his first license. There is a Manta Cleaning Station located right by the Atoll, so I will be having a look at that :) Diving has been my passion for many years and was the reason I got into having a saltwater tank at home. I reckon I have around 2,000+ dives under my belt, so I'm pretty experienced. It's been eight years since my last dive so I'm pretty excited about it. This trip also means I had to get my bikini body ready for the beach so I've been hitting the roads on the bike to achieve the optimal Adonis look (no laughing at the back!).

Reactions: SPR

SPR

I've been busy with work and decided to take a short break from the Net. Everything is hunky dory with the tank at the moment. It's just ticking over quite nicely. We're off to the Maldives in nine days time and I'm going to get back into diving. I've had an enforced break from it due to my heart attack several years ago, but now I'm ok to start again. I won't be going deep but just staying on the house reef, which will be a nice gentle re-introduction to diving. My 10 year old has also said he wants to learn to dive so we'll see about getting him his first license. There is a Manta Cleaning Station located right by the Atoll, so I will be having a look at that :) Diving has been my passion for many years and was the reason I got into having a saltwater tank at home. I reckon I have around 2,000+ dives under my belt, so I'm pretty experienced. It's been eight years since my last dive so I'm pretty excited about it. This trip also means I had to get my bikini body ready for the beach so I've been hitting the roads on the bike to achieve the optimal Adonis look (no laughing at the back!).
Sounds very nice, were abouts are you staying/going?

Are you getting on the sea planes/taxis ?

Nobbygas

Back from the holiday, and I completed a few dives for the first time in years. It was a bit like riding a bike. First dive saw four Turtles, an Octopus and a couple of Reef sharks, plus the usual assortment of fish. All I need now is for Egypt to get itself clear of Covid and I'll be back there diving in a flash ! My ten year old son also did a Try Dive and now wants to get his Open Water Licence!

The tank survived the holiday without any problems.

Nobbygas

Any diving videos?
No. I stopped doing videos and photos years ago. I found that I was spending so much time trying to get the shots right that I was missing too much of what was going on around me. Normally, if you are on a Liveaboard for a week there is usually one photo nut onboard, and I usually ask if they could forward me some of their photos after the trip, and they are usually very obliging.

Reactions: SPR

SPR

No. I stopped doing videos and photos years ago. I found that I was spending so much time trying to get the shots right that I was missing too much of what was going on around me. Normally, if you are on a Liveaboard for a week there is usually one photo nut onboard, and I usually ask if they could forward me some of their photos after the trip, and they are usually very obliging.
I agree completely with this, your messing around with the camera or whatever and actually missing all the sights. The eyes and memory are priceless and I just take a few shots especially if it’s something fast moving

Nobbygas

I hadn't completed any water tests for about six weeks. To me they are a chore. I don't enjoy doing them at all. However, yesterday I had some spare time so I thought I'd better do some......and the results !!!!!!!
I tested Calc, Mag, Alk, Nitrate and Phos and everything was spot on ! Calc 450, Mag 1350, Alk 8.0, Nitrate 10 and Phos 0.02. I must admit I did perform a little dance of delight. I don't think I've ever had every result that close to what is perceived as 'perfection'.

Next up is the yearly clean of the Sump, which is the only time I get to do a water change !