Nikki's Mini Ocean Part II

Blndbunny

My nuvo 16 goes through 5g of top off every 10 days on average. In the summers it will go up to 12 if it's humid and we don't have the air on, sometimes in the winter I don't even get a week

Billerbong

Perhaps due to impatience with cycling.. had to get my hands in the tank and changed the rock quite completely. This round I made two islands, really liking it so far still a chance I might change it.

This rock is probably my favorite (staying a lot here, I'm a geologist) we chiseled out an "S" pattern to open things up a bit and make it look more interesting. Perhaps it prompted me to change the scape, so this guy could be in the front.

Side view

Bit the bullet and bought a tunze auto top off, had a hard time but I did manage to find a 4 gallon bin to fit in my very narrow stand. Happy it all worked out.

Billerbong

I have heard that of sugar sand so I tried to steer clear of it.. Took this from the ad

"1.25–1.95 mm diameter grain size. A revolution in reef-keeping! This is the one you’ve been reading about in all the hobbyist publications. This grade of aragonite is specifically engineered for plenum-type nitrate reducing beds or anywhere a deeper bed is called for. The pore water space created by precision grading also allows maximum pH support and dissolution of calcium carbonate."

By the way your tank is looking gorgeous, so many corals!!!!

blackbeltmom

PREMIUM
I have heard that of sugar sand so I tried to steer clear of it.. Took this from the ad

"1.25–1.95 mm diameter grain size. A revolution in reef-keeping! This is the one you’ve been reading about in all the hobbyist publications. This grade of aragonite is specifically engineered for plenum-type nitrate reducing beds or anywhere a deeper bed is called for. The pore water space created by precision grading also allows maximum pH support and dissolution of calcium carbonate."

By the way your tank is looking gorgeous, so many corals!!!!

Thanks.
Right now I'm fighting brown slime algae.....