Nice to be here!

kizkid

Bought my wife a 75 for Mother's Day. To be honest I was sort of skeptical about the whole salt thing at first. I remembered hearing numerous horror stories about saltwater tanks back in the 70's. As a result I more or less dismissed the idea of ever owning one. After days of discussion and reading we decided to go with everybody else on this forum. So far we're very pleased with the results. We really get a kick out of all the critters that seem to appear out of no where. Seems like every day or two we see something that wasn't there the day before. We are both leaning toward a reef tank at this point.

In closing, the wealth of information found on this forum is astounding! We really appreciate everyone's efforts, past and present.

Thanks,
Brad & Nancee

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Marine aquarium keeping has come a LONG way since the 70's :) What a nice mother's day gift!! Karma to ya for it :D

WELCOME TO RS!!!! :bigbounce

Got pics??

Witfull

welcome to RS...its a well worthwhile hobby you all will enjoy~

ask away any and all questions, we help eachother succeed~~

kizkid

Photos

Photos can be seen here: http://pages.zdnet.com/diyamp/nanceesaquarium/

I would have put them in the RS photo gallery except they are too big...Resized them to 800X600 to no avail...Any ideas?? (I just made up a secondary website for the time being)

5 Damsels/60 blue leg hermit crabs/80+lbs live rock/protein skimmer should be in next Friday/Haven't decided on lighting yet...still reading/9w Turbo Twist uv sterilizer/Pro Clear wet/dry 125gal.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

ReefLady

Staff member
Looks like a good start!

All those pics were about 560x420 and under the 100K maximum file size. Were the ones you tried to put in your gallery over 100K?

Gina

RS STAFF
:hallo: and Welcome to our Sanctuary!
Are you using the Damsels to kick start your cycle?
You might want to try a piece of shrimp instead. That is unless you want to keep the Damsels. They can become very territorial.
From what I understand, alot of people have found them to be a PITA trying to remove them.

Nice Mother's Day gift!

kizkid

Travis, I changed the camera from HQ to a lower setting. No problem now. But in answer to your quesition, under properties they all were under 100K after the resize. It's an old camera so anything is possible... Gina, had we known three weeks ago what we know now the Damsels would never have been used in the cycling process. They're way too aggressive for our tastes and as you mentioned very territorial.

KimPossible

Welcome to RS Kidzkid !!!

We really get a kick out of all the critters that seem to appear out of no where. Seems like every day or two we see something that wasn't there the day before
BONUS!!! :bigbounce