New today

jay357

Hello everyone:

Im Jay and I live in Vancouver Washington. I have 2 tanks 55 gallons each. I hope to learn much from everyone here as well as share what Ive learned so far if I can.

Have a great day :whstlr:

Jay

jay357

Thanks everyone. It seems just about all my pictures of my tanks are all over the max 50k limit. I used the microsoft image resizer already to make them smaller and they ended up about 80K. I will figure it out and upload some shots. Mabey its time for some new shots of my tank. Better dig out the camera and start lookin for shots.....my yellow tang really hams it up for the lens...lol

Jay

jay357

I took a few pictures this evening. I am still playing with the white balance on this camera so they are not all that great. I uploaded them to my gallery.\
This is my 55 gallon tank. It has about 50-60 pounds of liverock and a DSB. The tank is 2 years mature but I moved 350 miles b4 Christmas so I did tear it down and set it back up. I have a Remora Pro skimmer and a 10 gallon DIY sump/refugium. I had 4 110 watt VHO lighting over this tank till about 2 weeks ago. I found a used light on craigslist.com for 40 bucks. What a steal...40 bucks for a t5 tech light with 4 54 watt bulbs. So I have that on this tank now and I think I like the light penitration better than VHO. The corals like it better for sure. I do miss the color I got from the URI bulbs though. Anyway....this tank has 1 seio powerhead and 2 Maxijet 1200 plus 1 Viaqua powerhead. They run on a Red Sea Wavemaster wavemaker ( Not the seio just the other powerheads ). I keep a mix of sea life in this tank. I have a Yellow Tang, Coral Beauty angel, Bi colored Blenny, Lawnmower (hasnt everyone had one of these?), Scooter Blenny, Huge Sebea Anenome with a Clarki Clown ( Bozo the Clownfish ), I also have a Pistol Shrimp and Goby paired in this tank, Huge green Brittle Starfish and 1 Serpent Starfish, 2 Conches and misc other inverts.

I will try to get some good pictures again. This camera has so many settings to pay with.

Jay

lcstorc

Welcome to RS! Lots of friendly and helpful people here.
I've linked a couple of your pics here to make it easier for people to see. To do in the future, just go to the gallery and the "big" view of the pic. You will see the ubb code towards the bottom. Just use the copy button and paste into the thread.
BTW nice looking tank.

DSCF3346.JPG

DSCF3331.JPG

DSCF3368.JPG

lcstorc

That's an easy one. You got the hard part.
Once they are in your gallery just select the pic so you see the comments etc at the bottom. There is also an UBB code box that has a button copy to clipboard. Use that then when you are typing your post simply paste the UBB code.
There are also more detailed directions in the photography forum if you want more info.