New to the bsjf and a few question

neal90

Just go my new bsjf a few days ago and he looks good eats well. But the question i have is why is he not making a little home for himself??? I have a good 4in dsb thats a very fin sand. But before i got him I got a bunch of rubble for him. He is in the tank swimming around doing his thing but no home building. He has been in the tank for 3 days now thanks for any help you all can give.

lcstorc

More rubble in a variety of sizes. You will be amazed at the sizes they can move. Mine use anything from crushed coral up to good sized clam shells not to mention the odd frag plug that they steal.

neal90

He is having no problem eating :apint: I also put some crushed coral in the tank. I just dont want to mess with things to much:poke: Im just not sure why he wont make a little house and do his thing

lcstorc

Put some larger pieces of shell and rubble.
BTW if you don't want things messed up, you have bought the wrong fish.
I love mine dearly, but they can certainly make a mess and then a new mess the next day.

neal90

yea but I have never herd of one that likes to swim around so much and during feeding he has no problem swimming all over the tank for the food

neal90

I was told that if the bsjf feels comfortable in the tank that he may not stay in the burrow that often. And I only have one other fish in the tank its a fairy wrass.