New To Reef Set up :)

ZFour0711

17917804_1048747938559747_8258274724371775165_o.jpg

New To Saltwater Tank and Also New To Marine Pets cause i have rodents and arachnids
But this is my Initial set up :)
Hope Someone Like it, kinda Newbie in aquascaping Lack of Funds since im just a student

Got 1 liverock,deadrock,anemone,sponges, skimmer,T5 LED blue Tube (found at hardware),Powerhead and a filterbox :)

for fishes i got 3 clownfishes 3 chromis and 1 six lined wrasse
my sailfin tang died i dont know why
oh yeah Patrick the starfish is there at the back hiding with the chromis

But I Still have a problem in my Anemone Because as you have seen in the picture
my anemone is shrinking and also it returns back again to normal i dont know why but it is still moving

and Comments about that? cause i dont know what to do since im just new it Marine Life itself

If you like my tank feel free to comment and suggest something also im open to negative comments cause it motivates me :)

Later in this days Im gonna build a 50 gallon tank with a 30 gallon sump tank if money persists
making this cube reef tank a quarantine tank in future days :)

mr_tap_water

Hi there
I think your tank looks great and surprised to see what you have in it especially the anemone which looks good from what I can see.

I think you've probably more I've reached your limits with fish and would deafly not had enough room for the Tang that died once it started growing,

with the anemone you may find that it may struggle to , even though it's normal for them to deflate on a daily basis, saying that you only have One T5 LED tube I don't believe will be enough to keep it alive for any length of time,
Plus if they're moving around a lot they're not compatible and maybe even looking for more light.

How often do you test your water and what do you test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZFour0711

Hi there
I think your tank looks great and surprised to see what you have in it especially the anemone which looks good from what I can see.

I think you've probably more I've reached your limits with fish and would deafly not had enough room for the Tang that died once it started growing,

with the anemone you may find that it may struggle to , even though it's normal for them to deflate on a daily basis, saying that you only have One T5 LED tube I don't believe will be enough to keep it alive for any length of time,
Plus if they're moving around a lot they're not compatible and maybe even looking for more light.

How often do you test your water and what do you test.

Oh i see So you mean that Anemones Need Much Brighter light?
cause I Only Bought my lights couple of days ago
should it be colored or just daylight?

I test my water everytime i add some water because of evaporation
i use a tester which my uncle gave it is a radio like device with a screen and a socket where i will plug a long device that i will submerged in the water

it tests Ph level,salinity and temp at the same time

mr_tap_water

You're lighting I personally would go for 50-50 meaning half white half blue is a good starting point, also how long do you have lights on for.

As for testing and based on what you have at the moment I would also test for Nitrate and maybe even phos on a weekly basis to.

ZFour0711

You're lighting I personally would go for 50-50 meaning half white half blue is a good starting point, also how long do you have lights on for.

As for testing and based on what you have at the moment I would also test for Nitrate and maybe even phos on a weekly basis to.

i only turn the lights on when it is nighttime

mr_tap_water

Most corals and specially your anemone need at least 10 hours lighting to survive if it was fish only then that would be ok.

ZFour0711

hmmm... i think it is enough cause i always turn my lights on when the sun goes down and turn it off when the sun rises so more like 6pm to 6am

mr_tap_water

hmmm... i think it is enough cause i always turn my lights on when the sun goes down and turn it off when the sun rises so more like 6pm to 6am
Yes that's plenty it doesn't matter what time you turn them on it's just the length of time you need them on.[emoji846]