New to leds. Need help

stravo71

Consider that your system may have other areas that could be improved, other than the lighting. Tell us more about your filtration system, skimmer, and livestock in the tank. Sometimes a few minor changes can have major impact on the system, taking it from "just another reef" to something really good. Pictures help a lot.
I also have a gorgonian

stravo71

0ef26c8667dbf0ddf0b64a224e042d80.jpg
middle of doing water change

DaveK

In looking at your system, I don't see anything obviously wrong with it. Yes, you need to keep after a canister filter, and the tank will outgrow the tank, but that's long term. In looking at the pictures, the tank looks a bit dim, and the corners of the tank do seem very dark. I think it's safe to say the lighting improvements would help quite a bit.

The whole trick to anything on a reef system is trying to make sure any upgrades are going to be cost effective. No point in spending a lot if your not going to get a big benefit to the system. Since you plan to upgrade the tank, you might be better off spending any money on your upgrade.

may2024

I have a 25 nano cube and just bought the maxspect razor nano fixture for it. Its pretty awesome I'm only running it at 70 percent. I was using t5s but the bulbs were about $100 to change. The 48" bulbs on my 75 are cheaper than the 20" go figure. Although I agree with Dave if you are going to up grade your tank in the near future upgrading your lighting might not be cost effective.

stravo71

In looking at your system, I don't see anything obviously wrong with it. Yes, you need to keep after a canister filter, and the tank will outgrow the tank, but that's long term. In looking at the pictures, the tank looks a bit dim, and the corners of the tank do seem very dark. I think it's safe to say the lighting improvements would help quite a bit.

The whole trick to anything on a reef system is trying to make sure any upgrades are going to be cost effective. No point in spending a lot if your not going to get a big benefit to the system. Since you plan to upgrade the tank, you might be better off spending any money on your upgrade.
Are these good specs for an led lighting system??
cb86dae138febd962a1a0a97b3bdc9ee.jpg

NanaReefer

Reef Radiance gets my vote! I'm a first time LED user also. Rick was awesome at helping me choose the right unit for my 40B. I was shocked at his prices. You cannot find a better unit for the money. Customer service rocks!