new tank!!!!!

yungreefer2410

tomorrow (thursday) i will be picking up my new 55 gallon tank. it's going to have the 55 tank (regular model) with a 29 gallon sump. i'll be using a reef octapus recirclating protein skimmer. it will be a berlin set-up with protein skimmer and live rock for filtration. i'll post pics soon as i get it. oh yea it also has a corner overflow:eek:lsmile:

Techno-Vicki

You will get a lot of support here, just remember the threads move fast so you may have to bump, or in other words, ask again:) Congratulations!!!

yungreefer2410

the tank
DSCF0172.jpg

yungreefer2410

i planned on doing 4 vhos 2 blue 2 white. but i have been hearing good things about t5s so now i don't know what to do. help plz!!:help1:

yungreefer2410

does anyone know if i should do t5s or vhos? i want to keep clams eventually so i need to keep that in mind. i would prefer a retrofit so i won't break the bank

recole

i plan on doing this tank using all of GARF's suggestion. If anyone has any different ideas or opinions feel free to post them here (the website is Geothermal Aquaculture Research Foundation Home Page if u want to check it out)

I have been using GARF's bulletproof system for the last 3 months. I've started with many softies and montipora. So far, everything is growing fine and water parameters staying healthy. Calcium doing great. It's a little expensive but well worth the effort and money. Fish are doing fine as well.

I just bought 8 X54 T5 setup and it looks and works great, it also has the LED moonlights, It doesn't ever get too hot, so I will say they are keeper, but then again I'm biased because thats what I have and they work