new tank progression???

Rossco46

ok, i have had my tank running for about four months now and there still doesnt seem to be any sign of the algae growth slowing, all water params seem to be fine, is this still new tank progression or should i investigate further???

David Shaw

I have never had any algae issues at all. My cycle came and went without me seeing it.

I setup with live rock, live sand, do 50% weekly water changes, feed sparingly and i have no issues at all right from day 1. I think this is what has kept me algae free.

Perhaps cut back on feeding and also increase the water change % while you get on top of it. Try 50% a week water changes like me and see if that, along with your CUC and reduced feeding helps.

Hagene

Using R.O.D.I. water is a must, if you are not doing so already. I do a 15% (5 gal.) water change every week. These two things are working well for me.

fruit bat

Is it red or green algae?

If it is red algae you can treat it with Anti-Red and reduce the lights on time untill you get it under control.
We dropped our lights down to eight hours during anti red treatment, then slowly increased the lights by 15 minutes till we were up to what proved to be the optimal time of nine and half hours.

russbooger

Check the phosphate and nitrate levels with a different test kit (some can be notoriously inaccurate, from personal experience), and depending on the algae type, try to add the relevant clean up crew, as well as reducing light levels if needed. I've just won a 2 month battle with some serious bryopsis or hair algae, and I only beat it with reducing the lighting to 6 hours a day, rock scrubbing, a borrowed lettuce nudibranch who did a sterling job and adding faster growing macroalgae to soak up whatever nutrients were left after twice weekly water changes. Hope this helps and good luck!