new tangs

cecilio

hi
im planning to add a few tangs to my 155 gal tank, which ones do you advice, i will also like your opinion about which plants or algaes can i have and not been eaten by the tangs

john

a yellow tang is a must! well tempered and easy to care for.i wouldnt add any more than 2 tangs to your tank and make sure you put them in at the same time or they will likely fight over territory. gl

lcstorc

Preferrably after the rest of the tank is stocked. Tangs can be very agressive particularly to other tangs as mentioned.
I am in the process of getting a Chevron and a Sailfin myself. Sailfin is waiting at the store while my lfs finds a Chevron for me.
There are lots of types out there and some (like the sailfin) get very large. Be sure to investigate the adult size before you buy. I know I am going to need a bigger tank as the Sailfin grows but am planning one anyway.

BoomerD

Depends on what you like. There are some that just get TOO big, even for a 155, and some are hella aggressive, (clown and sohal).
Here's a link that has great info on tangs:
http://www.wetwebmedia.com/tangs,.htm
Follow the assorted links on the page for more info on individual families and species.

cracker

My fav is the sailfin My least is the Yellow tang but they add a lot of color . A Blue Hippo and a Yellow would make a nice contrast.

gch.3

imo the choice is yours but i would not put more then two. as far as plants i know that they dont care for halimeda(money plant).

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
IMHO if your going to add Tangs I would go 3 instead of 2 so you don't have the dominant one constantly picking at the other one. I like the Purple, PBT and in your case so you have three different Genus, get the Kole which is an excellent herbivore.

billyr98

Well i have a 210 full of fun tangs except the Powder Blue he is a mean guy!!

But I love my kole, yellow and blue hippo tangs...

Naso Tang is a great tang and so is an Achilles Tang...

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
I always hadd a thing for the powder blue tang. I think there top dog in my book just awsome.

I put one in frans tank and that d_m yellow tank stressed it to death in a couple weeks UUUGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRR I hate yellow tangs now.

cracker

billyr98 said:
Well i have a 210 full of fun tangs except the Powder Blue he is a mean guy!!

But I love my kole, yellow and blue hippo tangs...

Naso Tang is a great tang and so is an Achilles Tang...[/QUOT Which tangs do You have?

cracker

The Hippo ,Yellow and purple has got to look nice. Just getting them to get along reasonably well is is real nice.

blade25

Hi everyone, Please dont beat me up to bad with what I have to say. It worked for me for 3 years until I took the set up down. With a tank that size of 155 gal U can add more than 3. When I lived in Sandiego, Ca I had a 55 gal fish only. What was in it you ask 1 kole tang, I hippo tang, 1 yellow tang 1 koran angel. Never had a problem as I introduced them into the tank I moved rocks around to limit the aggresion from the current residents. I know some of you may say its crowded or it wont work, it did for me until I took it down and moved to New Jersey. Just my 2 cents:invisible