New Skimmer?

Seagars

I am considering getting a new upgraded skimmer for my RSM 650S.
What brands and size should i consider where others have had good success in their tanks?

Joeys Tank

Reef Octopus SRO - 3000 INT skimmer. I don't have it yet but definitely considering it based on diemaker's thread. He also bought the automatic neck cleaner and loves it. Very quiet. From his pic, it looks like he placed it in the left chamber of the stock sump (my stock skimmer is currently sitting on the shelf in the middle chamber).

Seagars

i guess i am looking for something that could fit in the current footprint as i am using the left area for fuge area and chiller pump.

Joeys Tank

Unsure if it will fit in the current footprint or not. I would love to keep it there also.

It looks like the footprint of the skimmer is 14.8" by 10.25" and is 23.75" tall. Unable to check on my sump at the moment.

Choff

I run that exact skimmer with anc and love it. Can't help us ib the fit.

I would think the 2000i would be fine for the 650. Only reason i went 3000 was because I added a fuge and ft.

...stupid auto correct

Choff

Omg night and day. Easy to tune and easy to clean. I still have nightmares about those latches.

Personally I would route the skimmer off your utility pump and not the return.

...stupid auto correct

Choff

The SRO internal doesn't require any plumbing it just needs to be in approx 6 inches of water. The only thing you might need to do after plugging it in is to buy some PVC to route the output to the chamber of your choice. Otherwise it's plug and play

...stupid auto correct

Parisian

Bubble King mini 200 is a great skimmer, absolutely quiet, and the slim version exactly fits the footprint of the stock skimmer, after having removed the shelf. I have been using it for almost a year now and I do not regret it, though it is expansive.

coralrama

I just picked up a skimz 201 for my s500. I really like it so far. It wants to be in between 7 and 9.5" of water. My sump was already at 8, which seems perfect. Fits perfectly in the chamber the old skimmer was in.

Choff

BRS is generally my goto site for almost everything, but I seem to buy my pumps, skimmer and a few other big ticket items at aquarium specialty.

...stupid auto correct

Diemaker

Reef Octopus SRO - 3000 INT skimmer. I don't have it yet but definitely considering it based on diemaker's thread. He also bought the automatic neck cleaner and loves it. Very quiet. From his pic, it looks like he placed it in the left chamber of the stock sump (my stock skimmer is currently sitting on the shelf in the middle chamber).

Can't go wrong with this the skimmer is a tune and walk away would recommend it 100%

Seagars

so i was able to find a Reef Octopus 3000 Int and installed it a couple of days ago.
wow what a difference in the amount of "crap" being pulled by this horse of a skimmer.
can't wait to see the improvement in my corals and fish next.
wish i would have done it sooner!!!!
Stock skimmer is good but this is so much better.

oakleyx

so i was able to find a Reef Octopus 3000 Int and installed it a couple of days ago.
wow what a difference in the amount of "crap" being pulled by this horse of a skimmer.
can't wait to see the improvement in my corals and fish next.
wish i would have done it sooner!!!!
Stock skimmer is good but this is so much better.
Do you think that will fit in the s500? It is a lot quieter?

Tx
Dan