FistTankPics10-23-08005.jpg

FistTankPics10-23-08006.jpg

FistTankPics10-23-08008.jpg

FistTankPics10-23-08011.jpg

FistTankPics10-23-08012.jpg

FistTankPics10-23-08013.jpg

FistTankPics10-23-08015.jpg

FistTankPics10-23-08016.jpg

Here's a few pics of the new 29 gallon I just set up.

Sorry about the turned pictures. It's the first time I've ever posted any pics. In the pic with the regal tang, those white spots are air bubbles I've been talking about coming from my skimmer. The tank is a 29. The sump of course is Oceanic (model1). The skimmer is a Current Fission Power Protein Skimmer. The light is an Icecap 250w MH pendant 14k. The return pump is a Rio 2500. I have two Koralia 2's. I guess that about sums it up. No coral yet in this one. I'm waiting til I get the bugs worked out.

lcstorc

How long has it been cycled?
You do realize that regal cannot stay there very long at all don't you? He will outgrow that tank rather quickly even though obviously quite small right now.

Tank's been running about seven weeks. Live rock was added five weeks ago. I just added some fish two weeks ago. I put the blue regal, a diamond watchman, and a tail spot blenny. There's also a pair of coral banded shrimp and about five red legged hermits. Yes, I know the tang will outgrow the tank very fast. I've been fooling with this hobby for a little while now. I will move him later on into my new tank. I am thinking of getting a 210g for the living room. The only reason I put up the small tank is beacause we just moved into this house and I sold my 120 custom before moving. I can get the 210 brand new, reef ready, at a steal. My friend's parents own Royal Pet. I already had a wholesale account there, but she gets prices way below wholesale. I can't wait to get it going. By the way, this small tank has been the biggest headache I have fooled with. I would rather work on a big tank anyday. There's just no room in these things.

FistTankPics10-23-08015-1.jpg

FistTankPics10-23-08001-1.jpg

FistTankPics10-23-08012-1.jpg

The last picture shows the fan I had to mount on the canopy. It's on a timer to come on and go off with the light. Before the fan, the temperature would get up too 87F. Now, it doesn't get above 82F. I didn't add any fish until I got the temp. down. Now, as soon as I can rid these bubbles from the tank I believe I'll be doing alright.

IMG_0360.jpg

This is a picture of my 120 I sold before we moved. I sold it to a guy who I thought would take care of everything like I did. Keep in mind this was my first reef tank. So, you could imagine the trial and error I had involved in it. I don't even want to say how much money i had in it. I sold it for three thousand as is. I checked up on the guy a few months back and every piece of livestock in the tank was dead except for a gold striped maroon clown. I almost cried. Those tangs had been in that tank a long time. I can't understand why someone would spend that kind of cash and turn around and let all go to hell?

Just finished a ten gallon water change. I normally only do a five gallon on Fridays, but the sand could use some vaccuming so I did ten. I also placed another filter sock over the one that came with the new skimmer and I believe I have fixed the bubble problem as well. Anyways, you guys think it's going to turn out to be a cool little 29 gallon or what?