New Rock!

BoomerD

Just got 72 lbs. of "Fresh from the Pacific" Marshall island live rock. Out of the ocean about 48 hours. Looks nice. Covered with macroalgaes & corallines. A few small crabs, mostly crushed by the rock, some assorted worms, a few snails, 1 cowrie, and a small clam or two.
Wow, is my garage gonna stink for a couple of weeks!:eek: :D :eek:

Here's a couple of pics:

107Marshall1-med.JPG

107Marshall6-med.JPG

It might take me a few additional weeks to get out of the doghouse after this cures!

Last edited:

Montanareefer

Has been struck by the ban stick
Hey Boomer sure puts a strain on the relationship when curing LR is involved! Congrats on the new LR though!:)

Craig Manoukian

Looks good!

You may want to douse the LR with soda water to detect any unwanted hitchikers before curing or before placing in your display tank.

:) :D :cool: ;) :p :smirk:

BoomerD

Hmmm, it appears the moderators moved my pics. Let's see if I can fix the links.

O.K., successful edit!:D

Last edited:

BoomerD

The outgoing president of the local reef club put together a group buy. $3.75/lb for this great rock. Delivered! Couldn't beat it anywhere. I looked & looked, best price I could find by a couple of bucks per lb.

pista01

I got a couple large pieces of Marshall Island rock. It came with several different corallines, a few species of sponges, feather dusters, tunacates, crabs (he ate things so he's no longer with us), and a few other things I have no clue what they are. It has lots of surface area for coralline growth, so I have to dose about 8 ml of Tech CB per day.

BoomerD

If I EVER get the tank going, I'll be happy to post some pics. Thought I'd be there by now, but the acrylic tank manufacturer threw me a curve. Instead of $600. for the tank, they want $1450 for it now. Just because I wanted a measly 2" added to the height!:D I guess they're worried about liability and such if the tank broke. Original tank design was 72x24x24, changed it to 72x24x26 high. Wanted to match the original Oceanic that the stand & canopy were built for. I guess I'm gonna have to settle for the shorter tank & have the legs for the canopy cut to fit.:( Either that, or live with the original glass tank, and make a few modifications to it.

tankgirl

Wow, that's crazy about the difference in price for those 2". Sounds like it's gonna be awesome, no matter which way you go!