New Red Sea Skimmer (RSK)

Nobbygas

I noticed that the e-mail has been sent from Red Sea regarding their new Skimmers. I've noted that it comes in three sizes, the RSK 300, 600 & 900. The three sizes given are rated for mixed reef tanks are 600l, 1200l and 1800l. Is this an indication that in the future Red Sea are going to be offering some even bigger tanks than they currently do? I'm aware that some people have SPS dominant tanks (300l, 600l and 900l), and others have fish only tanks (900l, 1800l and 2700l), but I think the majority are mixed reef.

Reactions: SPR

DaveK

You never can depend on a manufacturer's email to guess future products and sizes of them. For various reasons, the models that don't exist yet might be dropped or canceled or changed. I'd ignore anything about future products. When it's available for purchase, it's a real product.

In addition, I wouldn't be in a hurry to get a totally new product when it first comes on the market. New products sometimes have problems or issues, and it takes awhile for a manufacturer to work out the problems.

Nobbygas

You never can depend on a manufacturer's email to guess future products and sizes of them. For various reasons, the models that don't exist yet might be dropped or canceled or changed. I'd ignore anything about future products. When it's available for purchase, it's a real product.

In addition, I wouldn't be in a hurry to get a totally new product when it first comes on the market. New products sometimes have problems or issues, and it takes awhile for a manufacturer to work out the problems.
This is now available to order in the UK.

Pancho75

I just watched the video and read the spec on their web site, it looks nice, now we got to see what is the price. [emoji383]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pancho75

Compared to the Nyos in USA: 399, 499, 799 USD.

But I think the Nyos have greater capacity, for my S-500 it would be £249 - per their website (325 USD) in Red Sea vs. 499 USD in Nyos.

If would overshoot in Red Sea would be £299 = 392 USD (RSK) vs. 499 USD in Nyos.

It does seem competitive....

Last edited:

Nobbygas

Compared to the Nyos in USA: 399, 499, 799 USD.

But I think the Nyos have greater capacity, for my S-500 it would be £249 - per their website (325 USD) in Red Sea vs. 499 USD in Nyos.

If would overshoot in Red Sea would be £299 = 392 USD (RSK) vs. 499 USD in Nyos.

It does seem competitive....

Yep, the prices are very competitive when compared to NYOS. The difference is that we 'know' the NYOS are good, but at this point we can only 'assume' the Red Sea ones will be just as good. Time will tell I suppose.

Pancho75

Yep, the prices are very competitive when compared to NYOS. The difference is that we 'know' the NYOS are good, but at this point we can only 'assume' the Red Sea ones will be just as good. Time will tell I suppose.
Exactly, I have been giving a thought to replace my C-Skim and now I have another option.