New Puppy! (Pic Heavy)

My fiance and I finally got our puppy yesterday! :woohoo: We'd been visiting him and talking to the breeder for almost a month and we finally picked him up!
He's a 10 week old Bull Terrier named Archie :). This guy is a little beasty. He's 20 lbs at 10 weeks old haha. He comes from champion bloodlines. In fact, his dad won the national Bull Terrier show in 2008 for "Best Colored Dog".
This is the dad:
image18821.jpg

I think he's absurdly gorgeous, and I really hope my baby turns out to look just like him!

Here's Archie (on the right), the day I fell in love with him.
DSC00888.jpg

Here's a pic of him yesterday on his first day home.
4773398184_0fc86e4cfb_b.jpg

Here's a pic from today of him and my fiance in the pool. Archie loves the water, but his little Bullie body is to dense to swim. We're gonna wait til he's a little older to let him give swimming a try.
DSC00970.jpg

Sorry for the pic and info overload. I just have to show him off :yup:

If anyone wants to see more, there's tons of pics on my Flickr page.
Flickr: Mike and Rae's Photostream

That's a cool dog! I haven't seen many bull terriers. I have a english bulldog/basset hound mix and he has problems swimming due to his build.
Enjoy that pup!

That's a cool dog! I haven't seen many bull terriers. I have a english bulldog/basset hound mix and he has problems swimming due to his build.
Enjoy that pup!
Thanks so much! Bullies are definitely a rarity. The price tag says it all ($1,500) haha. He's a gorgeous boy and it's in the contract that we have to allow the breeder to show him and we can't have him neutered til he's 2 at the very earliest so they can use him as a stud. I'm not thrilled about it, but I do understand the bloodline is important.

English Bulldog/ Bassett sounds like a crazy mix lol. That must be one bulky dog!

cioutlaw

Nice pup!! I had a Boxer that would swim with my Dads retreivers, did pretty good till he would be distracted by a bird or something then down he would go. I always worried he might drown but he always came back up.

Nice pup!! I had a Boxer that would swim with my Dads retreivers, did pretty good till he would be distracted by a bird or something then down he would go. I always worried he might drown but he always came back up.

Haha aw I love boxers! They're such goofballs. I can totally see one sinking because of a bird.

nigrilaforever

Boxer always looks so cute and at the same moment a little bit dangerous. I think it's a good combo of a "guardian of house" and "peope's friend"