New pics with a different camera

mick77

Nothing new here, just trying out my buddy's DC. You'll have to excuse the patch of cyano on the sand, he came over before I could "properly prepare" for photography. I'm also thinking about getting rid of the return pipe and putting in something different. I know, it's a terrible eyesore. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Mick

mick77

O.K. this is getting frustrating. Everytime I try to upload a full tank shot, it says the file is too big. I'm cropping the photo to skimp on size, but I still can't even get close to a full shot. Any ideas? I'm using the Kodak Easy Share software.

mick77

ANy idea on what I can replace the 1/2" PVC outlet pipe with? The glaring whiteness of it is really bothering me know.

Cougra

Is it possible for you to save adjust the image size in that program? Check the DPI and set it to 75DPI if possible. This will greatly decrease the file size of the pic without comprimising the quailty you see online.

reefrunner

Contributing Member
Give the PVC a couple of months and it will be colored in coraline, you could also stain it with the purple pvc primer for a fake coraline until the real thing takes hold.

Nice tank!! What are you lighting it with?

mick77

Thanks for the help cougra, I'll try that. reefrunner, I'm using 2 250 W 10K MH and 4 110W actintic VHOs. Thanks for the compliment and ideas!

TDEVIL

what OS are you using microsoft has a resizer add-on for windows ;) i will try to find the link

if the white pvc is really bothering you then try to find sch 80 pvc, its gray

TD

tankgirl

Hi Mick, Nice pics!!
It's not just image size, but a combo of size and quality. If you can do it, check out the number of pixels per inch. That can be set to 72. If there's an option for file size; try a low setting - around 3 (on a scale of 1 to 10). That way, you'll get a nice image and a reasonable size (like 6" x 8"). HTH!!!

Gina

RS STAFF
Great shots! And yes, I agree the piping should be covered within a couple of months. Ours have covered up and you can hardley tell that they were white once.