New Online livestock store

blue_eyes53813

I was surfing the web last night and found a new vendor.. I placed an order for 2 corals and of course one of the corals I wanted to buy wasnt available anymore.... So Kevin the owner called me today to see what I wanted to supplement the coral with...

He was very very nice and said he was new at this (online selling ) and wants to please his customers.. I believe he is from NC

CHeck out his site, has some nice livestock. :) I will post pictures of my new corals when I receive them..

www.shopdownundersaltwater.com

Bottomfeeder

I visited the store last week for the first time and left with some great zoo frags
4 for $10.00 and 5th for free. Nice size and colors too. I walked in the door and the owner came over and shook my hand and gave me a tour of his store with out me asking. Super nice guy and made me feel important as if I was a regular.
The store was nice and clean even tho its expanding. His has the most and best SPS frags I have seen in a while. I signed up for his email and he runs some nice specials regularly.

blue_eyes53813

Received the livestock yesterday,, I had to quickly put them in my tank and go to work so I havent really got a chance to look at them..

My only problem with the order was the packing... I have to send him an email . It may not of been his fault but almost all water had leaked out of the bags.I couldnt acclimate because the corals were already out of water. I was worried about them and hope they will recover.

All corals seem as explained on the site and he even threw in 3 acro frags and 2 zoo frags.

The corals were shipped 2nd day ??? My postal service got them to me in one day but they for sure would of been dead if I didnt receive them when I did.

But again all corals looked good or as explained and I really am not writing this to bash him.... he will have to make a few changes on packaging though.. pictures later....

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
I've been to their store once. I had no idea that they shipped. I hope your corals make it! A few items can go 2 days easily, others can not. Did they have them double bagged in a insulated box?

Snelly40

we should maybe send this thread to saltwaterfish.com, i think they would like this thread and maybe would be a sponsor ??????

Snelly40

i realize that now, im an idiot,,, ok the other thread then we should send to them
sorrrrrrrrrry

mps9506

blue_eyes53813 said:
The corals were shipped 2nd day ??? My postal service got them to me in one day but they for sure would of been dead if I didnt receive them when I did.

But again all corals looked good or as explained and I really am not writing this to bash him.... he will have to make a few changes on packaging though.. pictures later....

Just fyi on shipping corals. I do prefer overnight priority, however I have had no issues with getting most corals shipped two day. In fact I have had the airlines drop the ball MANY times when getting stuff shipped from LAX to wilmington. My boxes of livestock show up two or three days later. The fish can't handle this, however most of the corals do fine assuming they weren't subjected to extremely rough handaling or extreme tempetures. The box should be packed such that this isn't a problem though.
Also bags should be at min. double bagged, or even triple bag for large specimens (esp acros with sharp tips). One good thing about sps, esp frags is if they stay moist during the shipping process, even if out of water, they typically do fine. In fact quite a few people ship frags wrapped in wet newspaper.
Anyhow, hope the corals do fine and look great. I'm gonna have to make the rdie up to Garner sometime and check the store out.

blue_eyes53813

Thanks mps, I was just so surprised all/ most of the water had leaked out of the bags.... Im sure they will be fine and like I said it may have just got handled roughly by the mail... A price you pay i guess for shipping livestock.. I really hope they pull through and make a full recovery... The livestock was of great quality

Bottomfeeder

I saw on the local news last night that someone threw a rock through the window of DownUnder and stole a lot of stuff from his shop. They caught one of the thugs and boy was he a rough lookin one. Too bad it happened to such a nice shop owner. I hope they didn`t steal the sweet looking blasto I had my eye on.

blue_eyes53813

Ohh that is terrible... If they caught one they will catch the other or the one they did catch will take the blame for both..

lcstorc

Horrible news.
How are the corals looking Blue Eyes? Have they settled in yet?
Sounds like the owner is way nice and would love to see him prosper.
Especially if he becomes a sponsor. :)