new nano

livingreef2004

heres my new 16 gal bow i decided to start up another nano tank . i used the black reef sand in it this time and i think it turned out pretty sweet didnt add many corals yet just 1 ricordia 1 frogspawn and a feather duster
let me know what you think thanks

fidojoe

Fish Addict
Nice! Can you describe your filtration and lighting for us, or me at least:D I have wanted a 16 bow for a long time now, probably won't get one, as I barely have time for my 50 as it is, but would like to know if I ever do decide to get one.

livingreef2004

i was hoping nobody would ask i jumped the gun on this one i only have a skilter on it but i am planning on plumbing it into my main system asap my lighting is 65 watts of pc 50/50 bulbs i would like to add another 65 watt bulb and make them actintics and add a 70 watt 10k metal halide i kept a 20 gallon nano i had 130 watts of power compact flor. lighting and i was using a seaclone protein skimmet the 100 i also used power heads for water movement it did really well like that but then i moved it all to a 90 gallon rr oceanic

livingreef2004

ps if a nano isnt tied into a larger system i believe the secret to success is to do weekly water changes you can prolly get away with 1 water change every 2 weeks if you choose to exclude fish in your nano hope that helps out