New MH/Screen?

mt79

I just got a new pair of Coral Vue "Reeflux" 10k's, I had CV 14k's that were 11 months old. Needless to say the new lamps are much brighter. I have a layer of screen shading the tank-How long should I keep the screen there(one layer) 5-7 days?
BTW I am extremely happy w/ the reeflux lamps. They are very bright, and a nice, crisp white color. W/ actinics they look awesome.

Witfull

sounds like a good plan, just watch the corals, you may have to add another layer. if not you should be good. just remember lessening the duration wont stop burning.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
I would use multiple screens (maybe 3) and remove one every week. Corals get UV burned easily and the jump in par from a 14k to a 10k plus it being a brand new bulb will be a huge change.

mt79

I replaced the lamp on one side and 2 layers of screen made it much darker than the side w/ the old lamp. One layer made it about the same, though that's not very scientific lol. You both have me contemplating adding one more layer...hmmm. I did the whole "burning corals" thing when I first got the MH set up-that was not fun. Thanks for the replys.

mt79

^^ I agree- just added a second layer. I'm not sure about the corals, but I feel much better already lol. Thanks again.